The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got the dream car!

Noodles249uk

After looking at the climbing prices of Mk4s, i resigned myself to the fact it was always out of reach until one day i decided that enough is enough. Ive had all sorts of cars over the years, Rx7s, s13s, evo, dc5 and my last big build was my 465bhp chaser.

I sold the chaser, dc5 and rx7 and started looking in japan for the 'right' car for me. I wanted a silver, BPU only TT6 and after a year and a half and bidding on 5 or 6 cars i finally won one!

fast forward four months due to Covid it arrived at port! I get there and the car is open, and missing stuff!! clearly stolen UK side if im honest, wires cut etc. In my rage i loaded the car and drove out of port without thinking, and that was basically me accepting the car as is! rookie mistake.

The car is perfect other than missing most of the aftermarket parts i wanted to sell on, which is annoying. Im waiting for my payment for the subscription to go live on the website so i can post a wanted ad.

Im waiting for registration at the moment, but plans are to keep it nice for now and a few years later go big turbo! will grab a few pictures soon!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tayr said:

unfortunately theft at ports getting a lot more common now.. out of interest what was it that was missing? Some of these items are rare now and don't come up for sale often so easier to track down maybe

Unless you have video evidence or know serial numbers, there is literally zero chance of getting it back. I'd take it on the chin and just enjoy the car, not worth the time and effort chasing what will inevitably be a dead end in my opinion, the boat has sailed unfortunately as you have taken receipt of the car and haven't raised the issue at the time. Welcome to the club though, don't think there are that many fresh imports coming to the UK due to prices now.

5 hours ago, tayr said:

unfortunately theft at ports getting a lot more common now.. out of interest what was it that was missing? Some of these items are rare now and don't come up for sale often so easier to track down maybe

the list isnt massive but its just the principle really.

strut brace

gauge pod with tomei and greddy gauges in

hks mushroom

gear knob

I didnt even look to claim in the end as i didnt want the trouble and also knew id accepted the car as is. Im happy that the scratches are coming out when im detailing it so nothing too bad so far! for a 94 it looks very clean in my eyes! 

5 hours ago, Tyson said:

Unless you have video evidence or know serial numbers, there is literally zero chance of getting it back. I'd take it on the chin and just enjoy the car, not worth the time and effort chasing what will inevitably be a dead end in my opinion, the boat has sailed unfortunately as you have taken receipt of the car and haven't raised the issue at the time. Welcome to the club though, don't think there are that many fresh imports coming to the UK due to prices now.

Not sure the OP is looking to get anything back but tayr does make a good point.

As this community is so small and as parts are becoming rare and scarce it would be interesting to see if anything has recently been advertised for sale. Purely as an educational exercise of course.