The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Classic insurance

fastphil666

There is little point asking what people are paying as their driving history and location plays into the pricing. Then the premium is raised by every £1k you add to the agreed value. There is however a sticky thread above that details various companies to contact.

17 minutes ago, rider said:

There is little point asking what people are paying as their driving history and location plays into the pricing. Then the premium is raised by every £1k you add to the agreed value. There is however a sticky thread above that details various companies to contact.

This. Classic policies aren't always the cheapest either to add to the fun, I am with Lancaster on a normal policy which is cheaper than some are paying on a classic policy. Agreed value as rider says plays a huge factor now in pricing, with cars ranging from £25-60k for TT's alone.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, Tyson said:

Are you looking at classic because of the price?

I was looking at a classic policy due to the car being over 25. No other reason than that. 

If i can get an agreed valuation with limited mileage for less than i currently pay then im going to do it. 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, rider said:

I thought by asking what we are all paying we could get a ballpark figure. I know your postcode affects insurance premium more than most factors.