The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What’s it worth?

tarlshouse

It’s my first day on the site, hope you don’t mind me asking a question?

I bought my Red, Manual SZ straight off the boat from Japan in 1999, it’s a 1993/4 L reg and all original apart from the stereo (still have the Japanese one) and the wheels (wish I’d kept them!) and I have just insured it for another year. She’s in really good nick and I have really looked after her. 

I have always insured it for what I paid for it (£10,000) but am thinking it might be worth a bit more now. Can’t find one on line to get an idea so thought I’d ask you guys - she’s only done 74,000 miles.

I’d post some pictures but am recovering from surgery so can’t get her out of the garage at the moment, will do as soon as I am able if you’d like to see her?

Any ideas or opinions gratefully received, thanks.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:43 PM, tarlshouse said:

It’s my first day on the site, hope you don’t mind me asking a question?

I bought my Red, Manual SZ straight off the boat from Japan in 1999, it’s a 1993/4 L reg and all original apart from the stereo (still have the Japanese one) and the wheels (wish I’d kept them!) and I have just insured it for another year. She’s in really good nick and I have really looked after her. 

I have always insured it for what I paid for it (£10,000) but am thinking it might be worth a bit more now. Can’t find one on line to get an idea so thought I’d ask you guys - she’s only done 74,000 miles.

I’d post some pictures but am recovering from surgery so can’t get her out of the garage at the moment, will do as soon as I am able if you’d like to see her?

Any ideas or opinions gratefully received, thanks.

Hi there, not sure an SZ is worth 25-30k as above, had mine agreed value SZ Auto at £16k recently 68000 Miles, with LV Classic if that helps, unless it's a 6 speed.

• Like 1

No it’s a 5 speed but, although I’m biased, it’s spot on - either way worth more than I paid for it which is a first for the cars I’ve owned 😎, doesn’t really matter as I’ll never sell it and my oldest son will inherit one day.

I’ll get some pictures up when I can drive her out of the garage safely again.

Thanks for your replies.

Edited by tarlshouse
Forgot to say thanks (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Noz said:

Agreed. 20k the limit. That's a minter low mileage.

Probably OEM as well which is boring. Bodykits be back in fashion before you know it.

With the amount of people returning to stock body id have to agree with you there. They’ll come Back around 

On 9/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, tayr said:

With the amount of people returning to stock body id have to agree with you there. They’ll come Back around 

People are returning to OEM and then won't sell their car anyway. Seems kinda stupid to me. Might as well just wait.

Lack of body kits will make them rare again. Clearly a cycle.

Better to have a body kit than risk a mismatch oem setup. 

I just think price hiking it only benefitting owners about to leave the scene. Which adds little value to remaining owners.

More expensive parts. Less hobbyists. Less supras to enjoy just locked up in a garage. I suppose whats it worth thread's have been around as long as the cars have. Oem look can be nice. But just seems so over done these days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

I don't think its a cycle, its not the 90's any more, owners are getting older, tastes change and people are catering for the market. Personally, Ive always loved a stock body with nice wheels, theres only 1 kit Ive seen that was truly nice was the Twinz kit

Tastes change. Agree. If the car looks like a max power dream it's likely going to fall out of era. Think some of the more subtle kits look way nicer than stock though.

Cant see anyone rocking a veilside again however. Just too much.

Think I prefer oem over ridox though. That's been over exhausted in my view.