The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nissan Z

Dnk

Have to disagree.

Mkv has some nice innovative curves. Cant see anything here I've not seen elsewhere. Mkv curves and lights are really fresh and not see for me anywhere else.

If the mkv was bigger. I'd be sold on it. Sadly for me I just see it as a gt86.

They should have made the mkv more expensive and stuck with some of the outlandish exterior. Instead of dulling it down and shrinking it.

Road presence of the mkiv is due to its size. No ones going to get scared with a little gt86 behind them.

The front grille looks a bit goofy, but otherwise a nice looking car. You can definitely tell it was based on the 240z and it looks a lot better than the 350/370.

I still haven't seen a MK5 in real life yet, maybe it looks better there than in pictures.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:45 PM, Noz said:

Have to disagree.

Mkv has some nice innovative curves. Cant see anything here I've not seen elsewhere. Mkv curves and lights are really fresh and not see for me anywhere else.

If the mkv was bigger. I'd be sold on it. Sadly for me I just see it as a gt86.

They should have made the mkv more expensive and stuck with some of the outlandish exterior. Instead of dulling it down and shrinking it.

Road presence of the mkiv is due to its size. No ones going to get scared with a little gt86 behind them.

Agree with your high lighted comments 100% 

They totally screwed up the mk5 and it does nothing for me unless you start adding body kit splitters etc 

The only part on the Z i'm not sold on is the grill but think you could easily get a custom job made for not 

crazy cash 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think they will where the car remains a solely ICE platform.  I have heard that they may consider developing a hybrid version which could be sold in the European market, but sales of their small sports cars in Europe and UK have been so poor in recent years as to not engender any confidence in the investment to do so.

But, never say never!

It looks as bad as the Zupr4 in my eyes. Like someone has thrown a beautiful 240 into a blender with the 370, hit blend and taken out what remains. All these trips down memory lane fall spectacularly short IMO.

That doesn’t mean to say it won’t be a good car, a twin turbo V6 sounds like a lot of fun.

EDIT

The engine they chose for this should have been from the GT-R not the Infiniti Q60. It comes with a six-speed manual transmission (for driver engagement, what ever that is) or a nine-speed automatic (😆) but at least they have left the cheap interiors behind and allowed Ford to keep that corner of the market covered.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

On 9/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, mwilkinson said:

I don't think they will where the car remains a solely ICE platform.  I have heard that they may consider developing a hybrid version which could be sold in the European market, but sales of their small sports cars in Europe and UK have been so poor in recent years as to not engender any confidence in the investment to do so.

But, never say never!

Yes i agree but was recently told in no uncertain terms by a guy supposedly (in the know) that it would come here.However if Audi are ditching the TT you know coupe's days are numbered.I remember the days when you could get a Capri,a Peugeot 406,Calibra,etc with room in the back for the kids,these days are gone i'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...