The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Louishavo

Hi guys,

Ive always been into Japanese cars and love Supras. I actually joined after reading a members thread on supercharging his 1UZ supra and wanted to ask him for some help/advice. 

I own a 6 speed manual swapped Lexus Ls400 and all my friends have Japanese cars too.

Heres a pic of my pride and joy. 

Cheers, 

Louis

LS400 and JZX.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Scooter said:

Welcome and love the LS! What 6 speed box is in it?

Its a J160 from an is200. Loads of boys I know have done 1uz/UZ turbo conversions into their is200s so I thought why now have a go at doing a manual swap back into mine. I bought a box, adaptor and stock 200 pedal and then did all the fab work myself. Made the clutch cradle, shortened pedal, g/box member etc. The only bit I didn't do was mess with the prop, a local company did that. Made sure I lost the cats at the same time 😆

thanks by the way!

1 hour ago, Swampy442 said:

Welcome. A manual LS?? Has the world gone mad?? 😄

Thanks mate. Haha I got bored during winter lockdown and thought why not, hardly anyone has done it and i'm sure other big body cars like the 7 series were available in manual (albeit rare). 

Its all done and dusted now, been driving it happily for the last 6 months. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Welcome Louis,

Nice ride and love the fact you did most of the manual conversion yourself (no easy task!).

Car looks great and I’m sure you enjoy the luxury feel only an LS can offer, my old man had one and it was such a smooth ride with plenty of pick up when you needed it. 

Best of luck with the supercharger, I added a kit from RR-Racing to my ISF and loved it. Was a Rotrex from memory. Needed a lot of work and precision to get it all in the engine bay, but looked great when it was all done. 🙂

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Pete

B929C7D4-9C50-4F2F-8C2D-749B05445588.jpeg

• Like 2