The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Climate Control Unit

Paulie

Hi all,

I've just sat in and started the Supra for the first time in about 10 years (don't ask).  I've noticed that the climate control unit has a number of bulbs blown, a few buttons aren't lighting up, neither are the dials.  Some buttons are sticking and I'm not altogether sure if it is working well.

Does anyone know where I might get it refurbished?  Or, has anyone refurbished one and could give some hints n' tips?

Cheers,

Paul

There is a write up somewhere (it might even be on this site) on replacing the bulbs and the buttons are just a prise out and push in replacement. Nothing is cheap though. I've stashed a load of spare bulbs and from distant memory they were around £5 each and the button set was a phenomenal £60. You can still get everything from Toyota. I've also got in stock a male block as they are know to break when you remove the CC unit from being a bit brittle after 25 years. That wasn't cheap either. 

6 minutes ago, rider said:

There is a write up somewhere (it might even be on this site) on replacing the bulbs and the buttons are just a prise out and push in replacement. Nothing is cheap though. I've stashed a load of spare bulbs and from distant memory they were around £5 each and the button set was a phenomenal £60. You can still get everything from Toyota. I've also got in stock a male block as they are know to break when you remove the CC unit from being a bit brittle after 25 years. That wasn't cheap either. 

Thanks for that, I'll have a look for the write up and order the parts from Toyota.  When is anything cheap for these things?