The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R154 clutch recommendations

TrickyBlue

Hi all,

Looking for a clutch for my r154. Looking to run about 600whp so I'll need something that's able to handle that.

I've looked at the spec 3+, ACT extreme 6 puck, clutch masters fx400. Any other clutches you guys have had experience with and would recommend?

Cheers

I've a twin plate ap clutch. Don't do it. It's naff. Rattles and just generally rough to drive.

I'd like to go single plate. Whifbitz does a nice selection.

I was going to go single plate with the 700 next jump. Sure I found a few clutches from Paul suitable for close'ish torque values.

2 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

So 700+ actual hp, also torque is more important than the power rating. you might get a single plate that copes with it but more than likely a twin plate

Yeah i wasnt sure what the torque figure would be tbh. Assumed someone more knowledgeable would be able to guesstimate.

1 hour ago, Noz said:

I've a twin plate ap clutch. Don't do it. It's naff. Rattles and just generally rough to drive.

I'd like to go single plate. Whifbitz does a nice selection.

I was going to go single plate with the 700 next jump. Sure I found a few clutches from Paul suitable for close'ish torque values.

I've heard mixed reviews on the twin plates tbf. I just don't want a clutch thats basically an on off switch. I'm making a DriftMotion order soon so I might try their stage 4 clutch.

• 4 weeks later...