The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Journey So Far With My 1993 Supra...

raddys

49 minutes ago, blythmrk said:

I don’t think the wheels were powder coated when new as they oxidise for fun😬

They were a slightly textured matt finish when new (I have a spare rear wheel that’s not refinished but it needs refinishing!)

Be interested to see what a stock one looks like, got a decent pic?

17 minutes ago, raddys said:

Be interested to see what a stock one looks like, got a decent pic?

Sorry about the pics but these were the best angles at showing the finish also note the smooth outer lip but the rest was slightly textured like the pre facelift oem centre caps but not as textured!

914B1EC6-16DD-4D92-8A2F-9870B30964E0.jpeg

7F7B1284-78FD-42AE-9CB6-4DA37E2D2C6D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Wishieftrottle said:

I have never thought, I would see this kind of restoration. It is so detailed, clean and what I admire the most, original! Really great work!

I would like to see the first reaction of MOT worker, when he sees it in this prestine condition underneath 🙂

Yep he's done an amazing job on it 👏

it actually just run out of mot so will be taking it next week, cant wait to see his face haha 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Awesome, how much?

I spent 15k but I did spend abit on things like exhaust and intercooler etc.

Realistically it depends on the condition of the car to start with and how far you go when asked "what about this bit?"

You could spend less but you could spend alot more too

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, raddys said:

I spent 15k but I did spend abit on things like exhaust and intercooler etc.

Realistically it depends on the condition of the car to start with and how far you go when asked "what about this bit?"

Im sorry mate, I meant for Mark's stock centre caps 😄

16 hours ago, raddys said:

Ah the old "sure while you're in there" adding to the bill ha, fantastic job though. 👍 How does it compare to the old ride? Also how come you left on the second OEM exhaust heat shield? I see a few people have this done but i left mine off due to the aftermarket exhaust i put on.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobbeh said:

Great seeing this, I have plans for my own similar to this next year. Starting to get to that stage where it needs work doing, so might as well make it as nice as you can right. Certainly worth doing if you're keeping the car for the longer term 🙂

Definitely worth doing ASAP really due to parts going out of production, if you're going to do a project like this and you have a unlimited time frame then it's quite fun making a list and collecting every bit you need then taking a whole load of parts and the car to be done and watching the magic unfold as its all assembled 😁

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TuneR said:

Ah the old "sure while you're in there" adding to the bill ha, fantastic job though. 👍 How does it compare to the old ride? Also how come you left on the second OEM exhaust heat shield? I see a few people have this done but i left mine off due to the aftermarket exhaust i put on.

Ah yes I've never said yes so much in my life 😂

Well the car definitely feels alot tighter and smoother, all new fluids and seals everywhere combined with the new smic feels like it pulls harder, changes smoother and with the new springs and shocks it corners better although the eibach springs are quite hard and personally I don't really like how low it sits on the front but that's a job for next year if I do change them for something a little higher. 

Regarding the heat shield, I wanted it all as oem as possible, I'm actually missing the rear shield above the back box as I couldn't find one anywhere and mine was beyond saving, originally I had planned to get an oem exhaust and mod it so it was free flowing but finding one was impossible so I started looking for exhausts, however there's nothing aftermarket that is close to oem. It had a tanabe touring medallion on it before which was as close to oem but it was just to quiet for me and I wanted abit of grunt, hence I ended up with the hks carbon ti, probably as far from oem as possible lol 

Edited by raddys (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Incredible work. Great write up and brilliant photo record. Really impressive, so clean and great attention to detail. Great to see how you've used the car in the past and how you're now spending the time and money on an outstanding rebuild, well done sir 👏