The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2021

Annabella

• 1 month later...

As a Lewis fan, both teams/drivers were at it the whole weekend. Mercedes just seemed to be more subtle and got away with a little more.

How Bottas never got penalised for opening the safety car gap to allow a double stack is beyond me. Even the commentary team were calling it illegal when it was happening but I guess they suffered anyway with the red flag.

Any betting man/woman on here willing to float a Max/Lewis wipeout at the final race? 😄 

Personally I absolutely can't stand Max.  Ignoring that he looks the love child of Hitler and a rat, and is the ultimate sulky spoilt whiny little brat (closely followed by Christian Horner), he's also a dirty driver that would rather run himself and anyone else off the road in corners rather than be overtaken.

I reckon next weekend in the final race there's more chance of him taking Lewis out than of them both finishing the race.  Lewis needs to get pole, preferably with Bottas in P2, get through the first corner without being speared by Max and put a lot of space betwee him and Max for the entire race. 

Or plan b) Bottas to give Max a taste of his own medicine, not yield and take him out......  And then sit back and watch Max have abslute melt down of a tantrum.

22 minutes ago, Big Mark said:

I reckon next weekend in the final race there's more chance of him taking Lewis out than of them both finishing the race. 

This ! 

Not that Lewis will droop to his level but if Lewis took fastest lap then took Verstappen out he could win by 1 point 🤣

Clean F1 racing is super boring to watch, like watching paint dry, fastest cars to the front by a lap after 10 minutes and some midfield whatevers battling it out.  Basically just wait for DRS down the straights and do a boring overtake, exciting stuff. 

Max might be a prick but the last few races have been nail bitters due to antics. Hasnt been this on the edge of things for a few years now. 

Mercedes & Redbull are just as bad as each other in my opinion for playing games. Reality is that Mercedes has the better car, so Redbull is gonna be forced to play dirty to catch them out unless they get lucky on strategy. 

Can't wait for the internet to explode on the next race. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike2JZ said:

Clean F1 racing is super boring to watch, like watching paint dry, fastest cars to the front by a lap after 10 minutes and some midfield whatevers battling it out.  Basically just wait for DRS down the straights and do a boring overtake, exciting stuff. 

Max might be a prick but the last few races have been nail bitters due to antics. Hasnt been this on the edge of things for a few years now. 

Mercedes & Redbull are just as bad as each other in my opinion for playing games. Reality is that Mercedes has the better car, so Redbull is gonna be forced to play dirty to catch them out unless they get lucky on strategy. 

Can't wait for the internet to explode on the next race. 

I agree that the rules need to be relaxed to allow hard racing but not too much so that there are clear and obvious attempts to deliberately take a competitor out or gain an unfair advantage. I am a Lewis Fan through and through but I have no doubt in my mind that Max is an incredible driver, where the difference lies is in experience and judgment which is why he ended up with the penalties in Suadi and not Lewis. In a sport of fine margins, to quote a supermarket giant "Every little helps" so everyone will always be out to exploit every single thing that may give them the edge. I actually thought some of the clashes were fair play but Max made one costly mistake when they were both jostling for the DRS line which they made him more desperate for the rest of the race.

I 100% expect there to be a crash in the last race but for those who say that Max will just take him out to win the championship. The FIA have the power to intervene and have done so in the past to decide the title (Schumacher/Villeneuve) or (Prost / Senna)

13 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

The thing Max has over Lewis is he will crash into Lewis and not think twice about it, Lewis will always yield and avoid it. Thats a powerful thing 

Except for Silverstone when he had a lot less to lose at that point. If Lewis was 1 point ahead going into this weekend, I don't think he'd have any issues leaving his car where it is when Max comes barreling up the inside with no intention to make the corner.

• Like 2

I can't remember the last time that I was this excited for a race, it's been so long since it came down to the last race where there was nothing separating the 2 title contenders. Qualifying on Saturday is going to be pivotal, neither team can afford anything less than a front row lock out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Style said:

Except for Silverstone when he had a lot less to lose at that point. If Lewis was 1 point ahead going into this weekend, I don't think he'd have any issues leaving his car where it is when Max comes barreling up the inside with no intention to make the corner.

I stand by my view that Max turned in and squeezed Lewis instead of giving him room. But thats history now

8 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

I stand by my view that Max turned in and squeezed Lewis instead of giving him room. But thats history now

Yeah, that's what I mean and I agree with you. Had the title been close at Silverstone, Lewis probably would've backed out as he surely knew what was coming. But he was 30-odd points behind at that stage, so was happy to roll the dice and let Max decide their fate.

• Like 1