The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2021

Annabella

So happy to see Danny get the win yesterday and it's great to see a McLaren 1/2. George in the points yet again as well.

As for the elephant in the room, Max at fault for me so a correct decision to penalise him. I don't think Red Bull are complaining about it either, if Christian Horner is calling it a racing incident then it's fair to say they know fine well who's at fault too. Lewis was ahead and always leaving space so he can't be called out for anything really imo

in my opinion -

Hamilton was in better position Lap 1 at Turn 4 and yielded, Verstappen doesnt because he is a hot head. 

If it was a racing incident and both are to blame I think the stewards decision was right anyway as I think Verstappen needs a reality check. 

Verstappen should win this WDC but i think his Hot head will prevent him 

The whole grid got through the chicane from the start which did surprise me 

I really don't think Verstappen went down the route that Hill is suggesting.

I think he just drives his car like Senna used to, if you yield then your opponent 

will always have the upper hand 

I don't think he checked on Hamilton as he walked away because it looked like he was still trying to 

back his car out and was thus ok ? I could be wrong on that one.

Chicanes will always cause this issue if neither driver backs out then you'll get crashes, i personally think the large sausage kerbs need to go.

A great day for McLaren, good to see DR back to winning ways. 

Roll on the next one 

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24096/12407575/martin-brundle-analysing-lewis-hamilton-and-max-verstappens-latest-clash-and-mclarens-triumph?fbclid=IwAR1Qc4ThSXn4h29gSpU7QXJovVg8IwyVgb-bmlGJ1UWpyfJQxntlNDccVNM

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Great job by all of them in those conditions but Russell for me is showing his true potential making the call to go to slicks when he did and got the Williams to where it shouldn't really be 

Not a great time for Hamilton with the pit box incident, hitting the wall and spinning off but he's possibly in a better place getting the tow down to turn 2 

Actually looking forward to this one.

Also looking forward to Verstappen carving his way through the pack 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Perfect example of why it's a team sport and more than just having a competitive car with an experienced driver. If Hamilton hadn't listened to his team then Verstappen would be taking the 25 points and if Norris had listened to his team he would have his first ever race win.

Was an entertaining watch at the end, some big winners and some big losers on those last 3 laps. Just think if there had been an accident and it was red flagged or a safety car, Norris would have one.

25 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Norris made the call to stay out until it was too late to do anything 

Think Mercedes had a guy on a boat telling them how heavy the rain was getting coming into

the circuit from the sea  😉

Verstappen was the biggest winner. Go Max 🙂

Hamilton will have to hope for a similar result when he inevitably has to take an engine penalty otherwise it's advantage Max.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

From what Mercedes have been saying its not inevitable 

I've seen that and the interview with Toto, but I also know that given the performance deficit of a used engine and how tight the championship battle is going to be, they will need every ounce of performance given RB have a more competitive car this year. It makes sense to follow suit and use an additional power unit to have a faster car in closing stages of the season. All my opinion of course.

19 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Lets hope Lewis takes out Vercrashen in a crash, gets a penalty and takes his engine penalty the same time 😉

It makes a mockery of the penalty system

Totally agree, if your penalty equates to more places than you can drop then it should roll onto the next race or you are not allowed to take other penalties alongside one that instantly puts you back of the grid like an engine penalty.

7 hours ago, Style said:

Don't understand why they don't compound the grid penalties and roll them over to the following races.

Also wonder if anyone will end up with a race ban this year. A few guys are closing in on the penalty point threshold.

Indeed, a few getting perilously close. I also feel there will be a few more COVID spouts that mean drivers miss races.