The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2021

Annabella

34 minutes ago, Annabella said:

Gather you mean this one, testament to the safety cell that he was still alive with his engine/transmission flickering in the tyre wall!

Mother of god, makes you wince watching that. I was going to complain about the marshalling until you realise that all 3 impacts happened in less than 4 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

How did they all oversteer off?? Good thing modern cars are so safe, just look at Norris's spill at the top of Eau Rouge.

Which brings me neatly onto the next point, how do you feel the weekend was handled?

:Edit: Im not a fan of the Halo but in that case it almost certainly saved at least 1 life

Edited by Swampy442 (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

How did they all oversteer off?? Good thing modern cars are so safe, just look at Norris's spill at the top of Eau Rouge.

Which brings me neatly onto the next point, how do you feel the weekend was handled?

:Edit: Im not a fan of the Halo but in that case it almost certainly saved at least 1 life

I'd say oil for them all to lose it at the same point. RE the weekend, I think it was a poor decision to run the 2 laps just to get a classification. But I guess money talks and it would have cost them a fair penny not to run the race even though it wasn't really a race anyway!

52 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I'd say oil for them all to lose it at the same point. RE the weekend, I think it was a poor decision to run the 2 laps just to get a classification. But I guess money talks and it would have cost them a fair penny not to run the race even though it wasn't really a race anyway!

Agreed oil or coolant spill, cant be a women drivers thing 😇🤐

I think all arguments against the use of the Halo went out the window the moment Grosjean jumped out of his fireball car in Bahrain.

Same thoughts as everyone else really. Shocking that they held a 2 lap procession in order to justify a 'race' but apparently the ruling on this is being looked at and potentially changed in the future. I would say at the very least, it should be amended to genuine racing (not behind a safety car) and minimum 25% distance before they can call it a race and award points. 

I'll bet George is chuffed with both quali and a P2 finish with points, but deep down I wonder if he's a bit miffed that he earned his first podium under these circumstances. It's great to see, none the less

3 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Indeed, Russell has shown he has what it takes, he just needs to deliver now and do it consistently. 

If he's not to become 2nd fiddle then he's got to deliver straight out the box against Hamilton 

so the jury is still out on that one.

First time on the grid next to LH will be the test, I look forward to seeing the outcome of that 

6 minutes ago, Dnk said:

If he's not to become 2nd fiddle then he's got to deliver straight out the box against Hamilton 

so the jury is still out on that one.

First time on the grid next to LH will be the test, I look forward to seeing the outcome of that 

I don't think that will be the case, they showed in previous seasons that if Bottas was competitive that they let them race with the lead car getting the preferred strategy. Lately though he just isn't so has been resigned to a wing man and focusing on the constructors rather the drivers championship.