The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New / old member returning

Cillian

Hi all,

A long time returning member from Ireland 😁 I was a member here back in 2009 and again in 2015 when i bought my first Supra after spending a lot time in the 200sx/silvia drift scene (still am!) but had to recreate my account since the forum change.

Spent the past 2 years with the supra in storage due to other commitments and the insane road tax cost here but its back on the road now.

Its a wide arch aertop NA but i've been collecting OEM parts to do a full conversion with the help of the knowledge on here for the past few years. It was in a sorry state when i bought it but its back to a clean road going spec now. It was originally a show car in the UK back in 2000's i was told.

Anyways here are some pics

IMG_20190626_211537.jpg

SUQY4293.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Welcome to the club! What rear wing is that?

Thanks! Its a pretty rare Blitz one from what i can see, was part of their bodykit. The back bumper, sideskirts and wing are Blitz, arches are Veilside and front is Bomex

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, Cillian said:

Hi all,

A long time returning member from Ireland 😁 I was a member here back in 2009 and again in 2015 when i bought my first Supra after spending a lot time in the 200sx/silvia drift scene (still am!) but had to recreate my account since the forum change.

Spent the past 2 years with the supra in storage due to other commitments and the insane road tax cost here but its back on the road now.

Its a wide arch aertop NA but i've been collecting OEM parts to do a full conversion with the help of the knowledge on here for the past few years. It was in a sorry state when i bought it but its back to a clean road going spec now. It was originally a show car in the UK back in 2000's i was told.

Anyways here are some pics

IMG_20190626_211537.jpg

SUQY4293.jpg

Didn’t you come to supra pod one year?

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, The Raven said:

Just my personal taste but i really like it as it is. A few tweeks to it and its going to look amazing.

Always nice to have another aero in the house

Thanks a lot! It looks almost the same bar some 2000 spec 20" wheels that were on it when i bought it 😄  The new wheels are Work Emotion Kiwamis that i had specced for the wide body. I've replaced loads of OEM parts on it and have been enjoying the auto dare i say! Any suggested on the tweeks? 🤔

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, bradleyh_15 said:

Didn’t you come to supra pod one year?

I've never been but the car was imported to the UK back in 98 i think, then fully built to fast and furious spec and was used as a demo car for some company at the time so it may have done the rounds to many shows! it hasnt changed bar the wheels in 20 years!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cillian said:

Thanks a lot! It looks almost the same bar some 2000 spec 20" wheels that were on it when i bought it 😄  The new wheels are Work Emotion Kiwamis that i had specced for the wide body. I've replaced loads of OEM parts on it and have been enjoying the auto dare i say! Any suggested on the tweeks? 🤔

Just my taste but id rid the front bumper of the orange bits get some clear ones, facelift the headlights and maybe if it comes off do the spoiler blade black. 

Again just my 2 cents. probably shouldnt listen to me as i took a dremmel to my bonnet and wings....

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2021 at 8:10 AM, The Raven said:

Just my taste but id rid the front bumper of the orange bits get some clear ones, facelift the headlights and maybe if it comes off do the spoiler blade black. 

Again just my 2 cents. probably shouldnt listen to me as i took a dremmel to my bonnet and wings....

Good call, i narrowly missed a groupbuy on the facelift lights! i kinda like the orange indicators with the uk glass headlights but i would fancy a change.

haha a dremmel to the bonnet and wings?! TRD style i am guessing?!

On 8/19/2021 at 10:05 PM, Cillian said:

Good call, i narrowly missed a groupbuy on the facelift lights! i kinda like the orange indicators with the uk glass headlights but i would fancy a change.

haha a dremmel to the bonnet and wings?! TRD style i am guessing?!

Yes indeed, kinda trd style bonnet, but the wings are nearly spot on

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Welcome back! 🙂

Car looks lovely, I’d be inclined to stick with it as it is, just do the facelift headlights and front indicators as mentioned already. Only other thing would be twin turbo conversion, but that’s a lot of money! Don’t think you’d lose out doing it though (not many aerotop’s with widebody), but depends on your budget and goals really. 

Be nice with some carbon parts against the white paint, but again, that’s just my opinion. 🙂 

Let us know how you get on as it’s a great looking car regardless. 👍

Cheers.

Pete 

• Like 1