The mkiv Supra Owners Club

show us your villa pics!

skippyboyo1

I'm still looking virtually as my purchase is dependent on selling a property here which i still

need to take back legally from a tenant who's trashed it and done a runner,

This 90 days in 180 is somewhat ****ing it up too as my plan was to live out there full time 

On 6/19/2021 at 8:54 AM, Dnk said:

I'm still looking virtually as my purchase is dependent on selling a property here which i still

need to take back legally from a tenant who's trashed it and done a runner,

This 90 days in 180 is somewhat ****ing it up too as my plan was to live out there full time 

Depending on which EU country it is though. It is bit of a minefield just getting the right information, but some will allow you to apply for a residence permit if you are quick, or if you had one pre-brexit to have this switched to the a new post brexit "third country" status.  Just because you have  residency in another country, doesn't automatically mean you have to port across your access to the UK health system, or state pension too, that's a separate process.  I applied for and  had residency granted in an Eu country in May 2019 which was valid originally for 5 years  as I saw this coming. 

I went back last month for the first time in 15 months because I had until the end of June to apply for the new post brexit version as my existing permit expiry had been brought forward to December 31st 2021.  Made the application and provided the docs, had the interview, but needed to wait 30 days this time for a decision.  Apparently this was due to the need for a check to be made with interpol, something that wasn't required when I made the last application due to being a Eu citizen then.  Anyhow, 30 days later, and I get the news that my new permit for 5 years is waiting for me to collect.  Hardest and certainly the most expensive thing, was getting back into the UK. 

Edit.  Just seen the other thread and see it's Spain you were hoping for.  Too late I think, but things may change in the future.

Edited by Shane
added a bit (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

No villa, but we did buy a house on the south coast during lock down, and we rent out and holiday in an apartment in on the costa del sol, unfortunately not seeing much interest with Covid around, hoping to get out there for a long break next year though. 

@markssupra We should also be able to retire early out there, probably in about 5-10yrs

7D732790-6F81-4ED0-9244-9292FEA41D8A.jpeg

2C88E5D3-209B-4D48-96ED-767701667D3F.jpeg

1952CA0D-AF55-4FC0-9C88-A75033BCE121.jpeg

9050EC3E-0A75-4461-9CCC-1A2EDC45D8A8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...