The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/a auto - single turbo manual

scottyt

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, scottyt said:

Working on the interior over the winter, giving her a tidy up in a few places to make her perfect.

filled in old holes in dash and new paint, took some time to get it right but I’m really happy with it came out looks  like new 

607D8EC6-D2D2-4C21-8B32-09B1D0DB0F3C.jpeg

DC964492-FC7C-4330-9287-4E6042DCB342.jpeg

Panel looks fantastic, what paint did tou use? Looks very OEM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottyt said:

Few more parts almost ready 

6B35F618-BAE0-487C-8F15-8C5DE9E98387.jpeg

36534AFE-F7E9-48E1-99F4-696FD2703718.jpeg

Mate, that's fantastic. Thanks for the help! 

Looks great, I did mine with plastidip which looked great...for 6 seconds and then it scratched up and now looks crap haha

I'll give that stuff a try I think

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mharvey said:

Mate, that's fantastic. Thanks for the help! 

Looks great, I did mine with plastidip which looked great...for 6 seconds and then it scratched up and now looks crap haha

I'll give that stuff a try I think

No worries just take loads of time with the sanding I used a range from 800-3000 grit paper to get the best finish before painting, then don’t put to much paint on at once 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Starting taking the underside bits off today as the plan over the winter is to complete renew the underside , waiting for some bits and bobs from Japan so thought I would do a test on bilt hamber detox c as heard good things can already see it working from just putting a few nuts and bolts in. Didn’t go to town rubbing back the towing point to see what the product does on it own 

will update with results asap

308E0DA4-11A2-4E67-BC41-566DB89E47EB.jpeg

46B53730-EF32-4681-B220-938C94B864B7.jpeg

9CEEAECE-F70B-4748-986A-5C18D8FF44A4.jpeg

• Like 2

How are you getting on with the Deox stuff?

@evinX provided me with some of this. I’m using the Deox Gel first to remove the bulk of rust, it’s a slow process but works amazingly well. He gave me a bottle of something else to use afterwards but I don’t recall the name.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer said:

How are you getting on with the Deox stuff?

@evinX provided me with some of this. I’m using the Deox Gel first to remove the bulk of rust, it’s a slow process but works amazingly well. He gave me a bottle of something else to use afterwards but I don’t recall the name.

The other stuff is hydrate 80

• Like 2

Hydrate 80 will be going on after the deox products I have the gel for the parts I can’t submerge. Putting the towing arm in for another soak but massive improvement. I let it soak for 10 hours gave it some wire brush work and it’s come out almost rust free. The bolts are ready so have them some Hydrate 80 and will zinc coat/ paint the black ones 

0A97A319-F0D4-4D1C-8005-FE51A450D063.jpeg

20DA90FA-9552-41E0-9BB9-7D5BFAB05F1C.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Those rear bars get as bad on the inside as the outside. You might want to consider doing a Dinitrol wax spray inside that will stabilise corrosion and dries leaving a protective wax coat. It comes with a really long diffused spray pattern straw so you can get spraying in far away very inaccessible places.

Seeing all those nuts and bolts made me feel queasy. You'll probably find all the bolts come out easy without any need to WD40. The only ones I ever found issues with was where the head of the bolts had corroded badly. Then I had to resort to welding on globs of metal or in the very worst cases a left hand carbide drill. I expect you'll be surprised how easily things come apart though.

At least your tank breather pipe is intact, they can sit in fine damp soil to the left of the rubber and rust away. Yours does look a little pitted. These are discontinued so a self build replacement would be needed if it had snapped. I'd recommend sanding it down and clear coating it while you have the tank off to keep the original vent tube going for a good while longer.

• Like 1