The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wiring active lip to car with no looms

jcugno

Hi guys, I'm looking for information to wire up an active lip in a car without the looms. After searching, I found one write up by a "Peter Brett" but the link has been deactivated :(

My car has no plug under the headlight and no behind dash plugs either for ecu or button. 

I've found the male plug for the front of the car near the headlight for sale, but I can't find any part number or anything to find the male plugs for button or ecu.

Any solutions for this? And a write up /wiring diagram I can follow to get it all working like factory? Thanks my dudes 

44 minutes ago, tayr said:

So - am i right in thinking, if you have the active lip, lip ecu, motor, and switch.. you can't just "plug and play" it? YOu need something extra??

Depends on the car. Mine is missing the interior loom wiring but has the engine bay plug. Some peoples have all the plugs. Why are some cars different than others? I do not know. It's probably worth checking before you go and buy a whole setup though.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, mc92 said:

Depends on the car. Mine is missing the interior loom wiring but has the engine bay plug. Some peoples have all the plugs. Why are some cars different than others? I do not know. It's probably worth checking before you go and buy a whole setup though.

Lots of people ditch the spoiler in favour of a FMIC, so cars with the loom may have had it from the factory?

• Like 1