The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goblin club car for sale?

blythmrk

What's the benefit of having a club car?

I wasn't even aware of it until the show got put up.

Its a nice mascot but I'm not sure i see the benefit to the club exactly? Talking about replacing it or there being a hole. 

Why?

1 hour ago, Simon_RD said:

Ok, that makes sense now. So it's not actually owned by whatever the Club's LTD company is, its owned by a core individual member who lets the club use it as a promo car. That still leaves a hole for the club car though. I'm assuming there's no other car listed in the clubs books, plus I would  assume there's not enough in the club accounts for a replacement either (no idea who the club treasurer is). So I guess that means the the club must now be looking for members who would be willing to use their car for the same purpose. That would at least be low cost for the club after all, apart from some wrapping/vinyl work of course.

As far as I'm aware that's basically it. Although the owner is the actual site owner as well, so the top dog's name is on the paperwork and he was nice enough to just put it out for whatever use could be found for it. As Noz has asked below though, I don't know what purpose it serves anymore. Holding on to an expensive car for the sake of advertising is a bit unrealistic I'd say. Every Supra on the road in the UK subliminally advertise the site imo. You rarely see forum url stickers on cars anymore as well so it's a dying breed unfortunately. People just jump to Facebook and Youtube for the content they want.

1 hour ago, Noz said:

What's the benefit of having a club car?

I wasn't even aware of it until the show got put up.

Its a nice mascot but I'm not sure i see the benefit to the club exactly? Talking about replacing it or there being a hole. 

Why?

It went through a pretty good stint of being lent out to members for events who had moved on from Supra ownership or even for Dragonball runs where I feel it served a great purpose and kept a group involved with the forum. Unfortunately an absolute jakeball convinced Branners to let him take it one year and nearly got a few people, including himself, killed. Treated the car with zero respect, left it in a right state and basically bailed. Luckily it was given some love and from there it went into the work done by Goblin Works. It certainly has a lot of history in the club and it'll be a sad day if it leaves. But I'd also say it's run its course if that call needs to be made.

3 hours ago, Noz said:

Thats really cool. Didnt know that lending happened behind the scenes.

Not anymore due to the kind soul above. I was there that day on Dragonball, where he got a flat then put the space spacer on the back and proceeded to drive like he stole it at break neck speed. Lucky he didn't kill himself or anyone for that matter, prime example of where perception far out weighed talent. With the resulting angry crowd, he's lucky he didn't get tied to a tree and left in Holland! He didn't look so Rockstar when he was getting a shakedown from Jon in the middle of the carpark 🤣 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyson said:

Not anymore due to the kind soul above. I was there that day on Dragonball, where he got a flat then put the space spacer on the back and proceeded to drive like he stole it at break neck speed. Lucky he didn't kill himself or anyone for that matter, prime example of where perception far out weighed talent. With the resulting angry crowd, he's lucky he didn't get tied to a tree and left in Holland! He didn't look so Rockstar when he was getting a shakedown from Jon in the middle of the carpark 🤣 

I remember the story, name and shame!! 

6 hours ago, mattdavies said:

I remember this, I also know who the guy was. 

I seem to remeber he let his mate drive it as well. 

Despite being told he was the only person to be driving it 😂

Is a sad day when the forum owner only posts his car for sale on FB

The car was posted to social media to gauge interest. Ironically our own rules about for sale adverts on the forum means that I would have had to spend time detailing everything about the car along with pictures and cover the entire history of it. So rather than waste time doing that I decided to gauge interest.

Of which there was none.

The car will never be loaned out again as the risk of damage is too high now. Ellis looked after it for me after it was handed back by Goblin Works and it may go to him to be garaged but that will be it.

Perhaps removing some of the items such as wrap and spoiler would allow it to be a  bit more generic for a sale. I like the wrap. But the next owner might want their own take on the car for example. 

I was on the look out for a GT300 for ages. Definitely a little gt300 fan club of us out there

As I say, it was purely gauging interest (hence why I didnt post in the for sale section here). It is a very unique car so the right buyer might be out there but the lack of interest shows me it would need a lot more time and effort to get it sold for that price!

https://www.mkivsupra.net/topic/247077-seriously-thinking-of-selling/?tab=comments#comment-3533688

https://www.mkivsupra.net/topic/247338-idea-of-price/?tab=comments#comment-3535928

https://www.mkivsupra.net/topic/246922-whats-it-worth/?tab=comments#comment-3532388

Yep people don't post gauging interest threads on here 😆 It was posted on FB because there's no audience on here any longer. 

One would assume the right buyer would be on a forum dedicated to supras and may have already posted in the wanted section, could be wrong though. 

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)
  • Like 2

always happy to have an argument on the internet.

First one is in the for sale section and contains details of all the mods to the car which I didnt want to have to go through in order to meet the rules for a for-sale advert

second one is a newbie chancing his arm in the suprachat section

third one also contains the spec of the car and is in the chat section.

I wasnt interested in asking for a guide price as the second and third link were, I was interested in seeing who wanted to buy it.

the forum is a lot quieter than it was before so maybe I should take it as a chance to close the doors and you can all go to Facebook and be picky there instead!

Who's arguing?

Im simply pointing out the facts that everything you post is on FB/insta and no effort is put into content on the forum, thats not an argument its simply the facts.

You say you didn't want to go through the process of listing all the details of the car, you therefore can't be that serious about selling it as that is what a car that is so extensively modified will require in order to sell it :)

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)