The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a year to have our 20th Anniversary!

Branners

morning all,

This year was supposed to be a big celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the club! It was founded on 11th April 2001 after a group of us met up at Santa Pod to discuss breaking away from supras.co.uk!

For the 10th Anniversary we did a huge number of amazing events. We even brought Dragonball back and drove to Lille in France, we hired Santa Pod, we went karting and the list goes on!

Here is a video done by Scott to show what we did

the plan was to do the same this year but that was all wrecked due to somebody eating bat a l'orange and wiping out 12 months from our lives!

What memories does everybody have from the last 20 years, what was the biggest highlight?

And dont forget, its the 21st Anniversary of the club next year so we can celebrate that instead!

• Like 2

Being as i'm member no. 2 really should post something !!

Well done John on running the club this long - I do remember that meet, setting up the original Bulletin Board software all those years ago..

Here's my contribution from god know when😀

image.png.c6ef0636f55c9f205aea93bfce9164f0.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DArby said:

Being as i'm member no. 2 really should post something !!

Well done John on running the club this long - I do remember that meet, setting up the original Bulletin Board software all those years ago..

Here's my contribution from god know when😀

image.png.c6ef0636f55c9f205aea93bfce9164f0.png

It's great to see everybody back again.

Hows the new milkfloat going? ;)

5 minutes ago, Branners said:

It's great to see everybody back again.

Hows the new milkfloat going? ;)

I have to say it is very enjoyable - so smooth to drive, but with the obvious EV immediacy when needed - i'm an old fart now, so need the more comfortable things in life 😃

Happy birthday to the club, its been a very fun ride and here's to many more years! 👍

These are my earliest club pictures, taken in 2001 in a cold and dreary Stevenage at my first club meet, prior to me being a member, I was an imposter then in a Gen 7 Celica :) Syed Shah's UKTT6 inspired me to get one myself, and also where I had my first brush with a Veilside wing in person! 😬🤣

Have many many others from Supra.net events throughout the early years! 

fe0b0706.jpg.orig.jpg

pic1.jpg

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bobbeh said:

Happy birthday to the club, its been a very fun ride and here's to many more years! 👍

These are my earliest club pictures, taken in 2001 in a cold and dreary Stevenage at my first club meet, prior to me being a member, I was imposter the in a Gen 7 Celica :) Syed Shah's UKTT6 inspired me to get one myself, and also where I had my first brush with a Veilside wing in person! 😬🤣

Have many many others from Supra.net events throughout the early years! 

fe0b0706.jpg.orig.jpg

pic1.jpg

Was this the meet that someone left in the Silver Supra and hit something on the way out ?

13 minutes ago, T2 MSW said:

So what are we doing for the 20th year? Ive heard Wales mentioned a few times but zero details on it?

At the moment I'm holding off organising anything until I see what the government do next.

the plan is to do a Wales Dragonball at the end of September, starting in Shrewsbury, going down through to Elan Valley, across the Brecons via the Top Gear road and then staying in either the Celtic Manor (if they are doing cheap rooms) or drive to the Holiday Inn just outside Bristol for a bit of an evening party.

We may also put in a trip to Whifbitz in the plan if I can work it all out.

But I dont want to organise anything yet until I know we are allowed to travel and meet up!

7 minutes ago, Branners said:

At the moment I'm holding off organising anything until I see what the government do next.

the plan is to do a Wales Dragonball at the end of September, starting in Shrewsbury, going down through to Elan Valley, across the Brecons via the Top Gear road and then staying in either the Celtic Manor (if they are doing cheap rooms) or drive to the Holiday Inn just outside Bristol for a bit of an evening party.

We may also put in a trip to Whifbitz in the plan if I can work it all out.

But I dont want to organise anything yet until I know we are allowed to travel and meet up!

Maybe worth speaking to Jake ( Ripped_fear ) as he ran an event through Wales and has some routes and research he might be willing to share

1 minute ago, mattdavies said:

Maybe worth speaking to Jake ( Ripped_fear ) as he ran an event through Wales and has some routes and research he might be willing to share

Thanks Matt. I will certainly have a chat with him.

We ran a thing called DragonCol back in 2013 I think it was which was in memory or CJ who passed away with cancer so I have those routes saved up already but will tweak them as its been 10 years of learning about how best to route things.

Would be great to see everybody on DB this year. For the 21st Anniversary we are going back to Brussels and Spa for the real Dragonball as that was the one we all remember the most.

19 minutes ago, wile e coyote said:

Wow
Can't remember exactly when I joined as its all a blur especially nights out with pig and burna in the dragonballs
Jae was always fun with dave behind the bar and Tom with his megaphone
Was loads of plans for this year but hay let's do bigger and better next year

Some good memories from JAE, definitely Tom and his megaphone, I swear his voice was ringing in my ear all drive home! then there was Ray doing a run around the stands in the rain in his pants, and THAT storm!

• Like 1