The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra Owner from Bedfordshire

Amyzed

Hi all, newbie here! Just got my NA auto 1993 silver Supra.
I think I’ll be on here a lot in search of what I’ll need to give my new Supra a little TLC! Mechanically seems great and the underside is amazing, but the paint and interior I’d like to give a full make over. 
I’m not new to modifying & improving & I think the Supra is my 19th car now (from a list of Jap cars!) 

I currently have my powder blue 350z roadster & my daily Type R FK2 so with the Supra added I think I have a lovely Japanese mix. We have a Mustang also (the husbands). The Supra is due a respray in a few weeks, all my cars are blue so I am thinking my favourite choice will be bayside blue. As it’ll sit nicely between my other cars- the Honda is a darker blue , the Mustang is a bright grabber blue and the Zed is powder blue. 

I wonder if the old owner of my Supra is on here? I bought it from Extreme Performance (if you are she is in good hands). 

Alongside the respray in a few weeks I’m looking for alloys if anyone is selling any new or second hand please send me a pm! If not I’ll see what bank holiday deals driftworks are doing next week. Lowering springs or coilovers, again if anyone has any second hand in good condition that will help, I don’t want to lower too much though. I’ve bought her a front lip and some side steps. 
I will sort the interior out with new parts and pieces after the exterior. 

I bought some new facelift headlights from Extreme also, would you recommend I add any PPF to them to protect them? If so does any one know who could do that or anywhere near me in Bedfordshire? 

Apologies if this is the longest newbie hello ever to be seen on here! I’m really happy to have the car, I’ve always wanted one, one day I might make it an NA-T. As I plan to keep hold of it, I’ve had my 350z for 11 years & doubt I’ll ever sell that, I’ll leave a photo of the cars. 

Hopefully meet some of you at shows and meets very soon, I go to lots of them

Amy

B16F6F23-DDC1-4564-8A9D-4A068317AE03.jpeg

22236865-A396-4B60-AE9B-1F7A850F0990.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a Supra and a Mustang, both old cars now but the Mustang wins in the age race being a 1965 fastback old banger.

If you are thinking of getting a full respray and blue is your thing then a forum member did his Lexus blue which is darker then the Toyota Supra blue and looks good. You will want to get new seals for the front and rear screens and Extreme sells those. While you are at it you might want to think about fitting new seals to the other parts, doors and tailgate while you can still get those. They aren't cheap but with anything Supra there is one certainty and that is they will only get more expensive with time and one day they will be discontinued and will then get really expensive.

Jake is the owner of the Lexus blue car in the NEC classic car show pic attached, I'm sure he can give you the paint code if you want it.

Enjoy the stable of cars.

DSC_0981.JPG

1 hour ago, rider said:

I have a Supra and a Mustang, both old cars now but the Mustang wins in the age race being a 1965 fastback old banger.

If you are thinking of getting a full respray and blue is your thing then a forum member did his Lexus blue which is darker then the Toyota Supra blue and looks good. You will want to get new seals for the front and rear screens and Extreme sells those. While you are at it you might want to think about fitting new seals to the other parts, doors and tailgate while you can still get those. They aren't cheap but with anything Supra there is one certainty and that is they will only get more expensive with time and one day they will be discontinued and will then get really expensive.

Jake is the owner of the Lexus blue car in the NEC classic car show pic attached, I'm sure he can give you the paint code if you want it.

DSC_0981.JPG

Thank you, that’s a good point about the seals! I’ll see how much they are. That’s a lovely blue Supra in Lexus blue, think I’m still keen on bayside blue but I am still looking at colours 🙂 

22 hours ago, rider said:

DSC_0981.JPG

I love the white one! What's that grill?

On 3/28/2021 at 5:57 PM, rider said:

Its a Zunsport front and two sides grille. You can get them in black or chrome finish. Anyone buying these grilles should trawl for discount codes as they usually have 25% off listed somewhere.

Thanks rider, I really want to cover up the openings on my one and I really like the way your one looks in that photo, looks like a EU Spec!

Congrats OP, love the quicksilver. 

• 2 months later...

Welcome Amy,

Very nice collection of cars you have going on there. 

I may have a set of wheels and tyres to sell fairly soon, just waiting on my new ones to arrive from Japan. 

I also have a new set of suspension to fit which will mean the existing setup will be for sale at a good price if it’s all ok when Lee P/SRD remove it for me. 

Ive added a couple of photos of the wheels. These are 18’s, tyres are hardly used and have lots of tread left. Currently in bronze, but could be re-done in other colours if needed. Car was black and is now grey, but actually think the wheels still work really well personally. 

Suspension I believe is HSD monopro coilovers from Garage Whifbitz. Retail is £775, and they are only around 3yrs old with over a year of that unused as car has been off the road with the bodyshop. Rides well for road or occasional track use, but I wanted the HKS MAX4 GT’s so have a set of those to fit at SRD.

If you have any interest in wheels & tyres or suspension (or both), let me know and we can figure it out. 🙂 

Best of luck with the new car and keep us posted on the final colour choice as well.

All the best,

Pete

CA2295B0-3B2F-4342-963A-0B1482A0BACD.jpeg

FBA9A331-9455-47D7-AD82-87AE2E5C95A2.jpeg

5C8ACDBA-95F5-4409-B0FB-CC9039066ED0.jpeg

BCB52887-6704-49C2-828A-6B82F3A17136.jpeg