The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New e10 fuel September

rg500

38 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Interesting reading 

If i'm reading it right keeping the tank filled up will reduce phase separation 

http://ethanolrfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Evaluation-of-Water-Uptake-by-Ethanol-RFA-09-16.pdf

That is correct, the fuel will age better as well with limited headspace available for temperature fluctuation breathing bringing in fresh moisture that'll end up in the fuel.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, rider said:

That is correct, the fuel will age better as well with limited headspace available for temperature fluctuation breathing bringing in fresh moisture that'll end up in the fuel.

It would be handy to have some sort propeller to slowly keep the fuel moving to keep it from separating.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tyson said:

Some interesting reading here, it's looking you have to have a chemistry lab in your boot every time you fill up! I wonder how much it would cost to have the Supra fuel system made e10 compatible?

https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/fuels

I don't understand why you would be putting 95 Ron in your Supra anyway mate. I know the UK's can run on it, but I still wouldn't use it, and if BPU I definitely wouldn't! 😕

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, Annabella said:

V Power here, or Tesco 99RON if have to.

I'm the other way around, we've seen less det on Tesco 99RON compared to V Power, but I still run a full tank of V Power through now and again for the cleaning additives.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, Burna said:

I don't understand why you would be putting 95 Ron in your Supra anyway mate. I know the UK's can run on it, but I still wouldn't use it, and if BPU I definitely wouldn't! 😕

I don't I run it on V Power 🙂

49 minutes ago, Tyson said:

That super unleaded will be E10 in 4 years, I am worrying for 4 years time 🤣

Jesus lol 🤦🏻‍♂️ I don’t think it will happen, but I learnt a looong time ago, worry about something WHEN it happens. Worry less live more 😉 

1 hour ago, Style said:

Has anyone seen/tried the Esso Supreme+? Claims to be 99RON (still E5 of course)

Sounds like it was released at the tail end of last year and as my local is an Esso, I thought I'd put a tank in to see how it goes. 

Pretty sure Esso supply all Tesco's fuel so it is just Tesco Momentum

• Like 1