The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra price rise bubble

Bender

Ive ranted about this at length numerous times. As an owner is great prices are up, but nobody in their right mind would pay 20k for a kitted NA.

The market is a self fulfilling prophesy - Once chancer puts a TT auto up at 25k, everyone thinks their car is worth that, all TT autos are now worth 25k

Tha advertised price and the actual sale price are often very different

8 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Ive ranted about this at length numerous times. As an owner is great prices are up, but nobody in their right mind would pay 20k for a kitted NA.

The market is a self fulfilling prophesy - Once chancer puts a TT auto up at 25k, everyone thinks their car is worth that, all TT autos are now worth 25k

I'm an owner, and I don't think the vastly increased prices are a good thing at all. It has made them much more expensive to run. 

I'm pretty sure that's how the prices of most second hand things increases though, basic demand vs supply. Supply has dwindled to no more than a handful for sale at any time, and its become vastly more expensive to import one.

God forbid if you need a rare piece of trim now ££££££

8 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

I would normally agree with this. 

However, I've noticed a massive increase in prices (In the last 8 months) across all JDM cars - Most notably R34 Skylines. 

Are they actually worth the crazy figures you see them on for? Definitely not, especially in the case of the R34. 

I have an R34 & ended up paying twice the amount for what I sold it for less then 2 years ago (For the very same car) . I wanted to keep one before they go even crazier in price. 

And so It’s only normal for N/A Supra to come close to £20k. An R34 GTT just sold for 28k & yes people do get carried away with prices, but I think a lot has to do with what they're selling for over in Japan.

The P1 Subaru at the start of last year I could have got for £13k & now they're actually selling for £25k+

Everything does seem to be inflated atm & they may just crash & come right down, but I think it's about time Supras have gone up in value as this trend is happening with most JDM cars. 

Edited by Supra2jze (see edit history)

If you already own one just sit back and enjoy the ride.  I see no issue in increasing prices, granted parts are becoming rarer and more expensive, but that was going to happen anyway.

I never bought my Supra to make money on it.  I bought it because I love these cars, its value is frankly irrelevant to me.

It seems to me there are an increasing number of collectors (investors) vs enthusiasts buying the Supra now.  That is a shame, but not unexpected.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrGRT said:

I think now with the pound at 1.41usd. our prices are going to stabilise, specially if it continues to go up. 

I sold mi tt aero for 22k a year go 🙁

US1.41, in spite of Brexit. Whatever next. There have been large price rises in the USA and Japan over the last 16 months which haven't filtered over here to their full extent, even at $1.41. So there is scope for people to ask £37k for a TT aero or £20k for a NA5. Might be a slow sale day though at those prices.

5 hours ago, Style said:

Highly likely it's aftermarket, does look like a good copy though

I'd disagree bro. The bonnet gap looks a bit naf. And the gap on the wing to bonnet is terrible.

Fitment of a kit in my opinion is more to do with how much someone's willing to leave it mis-matched. My gt300 bumper turned up wrapped up like carpet. It was deformed terrible even when I had propped it up. Paint is cheap, no idea why they didn't sort those buggers.

Guess I'm anal about fitment. Especially when it's top dollar.

19 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

They are worth what someone is willing to pay and right now that's a fair chunk and it's still not higher than some of it's peers..........there is a vibe of prices increasing whereas for years they were just slowly decreasing. It is self fulfilling I agree as now most owners are holding on, cash not worth having, investments looking a bit peaky and prices still climbing, so very few come up for sale, demand a bit higher than normal and supply dropped off a cliff, other global markets even more expensive than ours, so if you want one you have to bite the bullet it seems.

Mint rhd NA cars are selling 15K+ for a few years now in the EU. Several have sold for 20K+ in the last 2 years which were in decent (not mint) condition. That being said, they seem to be the exception. Mint cars get sold very quick, some aren't even advertised online,  while the average supras are for sale for several months. However for some reason I still see supras sell for less in the UK than in the rest of Europe. The markets across different countries in the EU are also very different with the actual selling prices. More expensive cars are going to Germany or Scandinavia instead of Belgium or the Netherlands for example.

The TRD NA car in the first post is priced pretty good considering the market imo.

15 hours ago, Noz said:

I'd disagree bro. The bonnet gap looks a bit naf. And the gap on the wing to bonnet is terrible.

Fitment of a kit in my opinion is more to do with how much someone's willing to leave it mis-matched. My gt300 bumper turned up wrapped up like carpet. It was deformed terrible even when I had propped it up. Paint is cheap, no idea why they didn't sort those buggers.

Guess I'm anal about fitment. Especially when it's top dollar.

Bit of a 50 footer then, looks alright from 50 feet away!

Didn't spot the ebay link first time around so yeah, not the best 

• Haha 1

I thought I did rather well selling my completely stock VVTI TT6 for £35k last year, until I heard that a good friend recently sold his NA-T for £35k... 🤦🏽‍♂️

As an owner, increasing prices is all the merrier. The hike in running costs is perhaps more attributable to the diminishing stock of parts, rather than the actual value of the car...

Invest in your future. Look at where the 2000gt prices are now and that car is arguably not as iconic as the MKIV... 🤷🏽‍♂️