The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Free headlight bits

Noz

If anyone is building their own headlights and need anything (other than clips as I myself am looking) please let me know. Most of what I have is one off's or average condition spares, most of the full sets have been sold over the years (apart from my own back up set).

But inserts, casings, brackets, rubbers, domes, let me know. I don't mind sending send for free as it's just spares and semi-condition parts.

I do have a few lenses, but in poor condition really. Maybe good for someone making an intake project or something.

Let me know guys, I will likely be throwing it all out otherwise.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Noz, do you happen to know if there are any replacement lenses for the facelift lights, I have a spare set in the loft but the lenses have those micro cracks in them, you can notice them better if standing side on to the light at close quarters. 

Seems a shame to waste them as the insides are pristine. 

Facelift lenses were made using a different more UV fragile plastic. You could swap the lenses with the PreFacelift or buy a set of cut out fronts, where you use the OEM lens frame, bond it in, smooth and off you go. It's a right ball ache mind you.

I do have a set somewhere if you fancied the challenge. I could always charge for the procedure IF I was able to even find them, if you didn't want the challenge. Can have a dig about if you like.

Was your plan to fix the lights up and sell?

29 minutes ago, Noz said:

Facelift lenses were made using a different more UV fragile plastic. You could swap the lenses with the PreFacelift or buy a set of cut out fronts, where you use the OEM lens frame, bond it in, smooth and off you go. It's a right ball ache mind you.

I do have a set somewhere if you fancied the challenge. I could always charge for the procedure IF I was able to even find them, if you didn't want the challenge. Can have a dig about if you like.

Was your plan to fix the lights up and sell?

I was keeping the lights to use on Project Pesto, and hadn’t noticed the micro cracking earlier. 

I’d be interested if you were able to locate and carry out the work, do you know if clear lenses are available also? 

3 hours ago, SPG said:

I was keeping the lights to use on Project Pesto, and hadn’t noticed the micro cracking earlier. 

I’d be interested if you were able to locate and carry out the work, do you know if clear lenses are available also? 

The fronts are available from USA or an Australian supplier. But both need bonding.

They aren't cheap either from memory. 

I'll have a dig around mate.

9 hours ago, Noz said:

Do you mean the side light pod? You must have UK headlights sir. As they don't absorb the rays that discolour the plastic. Whereas jspec go yellow, UK's allow the light through impacting the pod instead.

Yes, light pods sounds like a better word for it, lol. One of my pods is yellowed out. Is it possible to rectify?

I do have UK headlights but I thought they were the same as pre-facelift with glass lenses?

They are almost identical. But UK and JSpec have different shaped casing and lenses. You can't swap them over. UK have electrical adjustments too. They look so similar, but they aren't.

The yellow pod will clean up fine just use some auto glym resin polish on the outside of the plastic dome. It's only a few micron thick and you must use a cutting polish in order to remove material as some polishes just glaze and fill in micro cracks rather than cut.

I've cleaned a few up over the years, it'll come up like new with some elbow grease.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Noz,

Would you happen to have the two bits within my photo?

1 x Clip and screw to hold inner cluster surround

2 x Sidelight cable/bulb holder, I've only got one but its completely shot. 

Anything you have would be amazing! 

16152408165936455099208234374294.jpg

I don't have any insert clips I'm afraid, but my advice is don't overly worry about those. The lights won't rattle around without them.

I've had a few sets arrive to me for refurb without them in, they left the same and nothing seemed any different. The insert position isn't that critical. I guess you have facelift lights, as prefacelift have a flange type surface and no clip, only direct screw placement.

Reckon I've got some old foggies mate. Let me dig around later today for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noz said:

I don't have any insert clips I'm afraid, but my advice is don't overly worry about those. The lights won't rattle around without them.

I've had a few sets arrive to me for refurb without them in, they left the same and nothing seemed any different. The insert position isn't that critical. I guess you have facelift lights, as prefacelift have a flange type surface and no clip, only direct screw placement.

Reckon I've got some old foggies mate. Let me dig around later today for you.

Great thanks for the advice and support Noz!

3 hours ago, Iky said:

Hi Noz, what clips are you after?

I've got a few of the ones that go around the light that hold the lense on from some facelifts. 

Exactly those please mate. The ones holding the lenses together.

16154803375392940755123397184281.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.