The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra Owner

Smithy1189

Hi All,

Just thought I’d drop a New Member thread up.

I am Rick & recently purchased a TT Auto, I have had 2 R34 GTTs recently and an Evo 6 RS, I have always wanted a Supra so thought I’d take the plunge with one.

My cars rarely stop standard & I am excited to see where this Beauty takes me.

The car itself does seem to have a clean body, it’s had a bare metal respray 2 years ago but unfortunately that’s as far as the good news goes. It seems to have been abused a little and the more I dig the more I realise the seller hid!

I am not one to shy away from a challenge & I have no doubt I will get her up to standard over the year.

A couple of Pictures as we all love a good pic! (A few are 2 years old as I haven’t had chance to get it in front of the camera yet)

My current fleet consists of a V250 & Captiva 

60A851C3-1336-43F7-8807-057F4C5ADAF5.jpeg

515F430E-62D9-4F90-9A03-063174023014.jpeg

A96E078B-C29C-49C3-AB51-D5194E2DAAC5.jpeg

Strangely, the bonnet front lip and the tailgate bottom lip are sitting higher than they should do. It was sold as having a glass out respray and some of the sellers pics showed it stripped so its probably just that the bonnet and tailgate weren't quite panel gapped to where they should sit.

Enjoy the car on your journey to wherever you plan on taking it.

I see what you mean, I’ll add it to the list 🤣

Today work has started on the strip down, took it into a trusted garage & it has a couple oil leaks and a slight fuel leak plus other little bodged jobs.

We have decided to pull the engine and replace all the gaskets & rebuild it.

Probably a lot quicker than I’d have liked to, but Atleast she will be ready for show season!

55 minutes ago, Smithy1189 said:

I see what you mean, I’ll add it to the list 🤣

Today work has started on the strip down, took it into a trusted garage & it has a couple oil leaks and a slight fuel leak plus other little bodged jobs.

We have decided to pull the engine and replace all the gaskets & rebuild it.

Probably a lot quicker than I’d have liked to, but Atleast she will be ready for show season!

I’d check how tightly the bonnet pins pull the bonnet, as they may have been fitted slights off, thus pushing your bonnet position up, assuming the latches have been removed. 

All the best, looking forward to the updates. 

😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPG said:

I’d check how tightly the bonnet pins pull the bonnet, as they may have been fitted slights off, thus pushing your bonnet position up, assuming the latches have been removed. 

All the best, looking forward to the updates. 

😁

I actually think the bonnet raised lip looks more like its caused by a drooping bumper sloping away than a high bonnet. The gap line seems to close as you round the bottom of the light to the edge of the wheel arch. Other then the too wide and stepped leading lip the side gaps look fine so the bonnet looks like it could well be fitting just right.

3 minutes ago, rider said:

I actually think the bonnet raised lip looks more like its caused by a drooping bumper sloping away than a high bonnet. The gap line seems to close as you round the bottom of the light to the edge of the wheel arch. Other then the too wide and stepped leading lip the side gaps look fine so the bonnet looks like it could well be fitting just right.

Agreed it certainly could be the case, I guess both with both the bumper and the bonnet being aftermarket, it could be either.