The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seriously thinking of selling

AMG

Morning all. not been on here for a while. 

Seriously thinking about selling my beloved 2JZ-GTE manual 6 speed. (will add mileage later)

I hardly use it and family life means i probably will not have much time for it going forward. I have owned it for the past 21 years.

Originally the 'midnight blue' 1993 jap import re-sprayed in Agean blue with a Genuine Ridox (first in the UK and copied) bodykit, Border Carbon bonnet, Racing Hart wheels, Hybrid turbos (smaller Jap turbos with steel impellers), HKS FMIC, Oil cooler, Blitz access ECU, Defi Gauges, Tein Street suspension, Alpine double din head unit, Blitz boost controller, HKS straight through exhaust. 

Does need some attention in some areas, passenger winder does not operate (possibly just a switch replacement, some corrosion on rear hatch starting to show but for the age, she is i great shape. Still looks and goes great. £28,000

20200706_100747_resized.jpg

20200723_194347_resized.jpg

Edited by AMG (see edit history)

Now is an excellent time to sell as prices have risen by 40% in the US and Japanese markets over the last 16 months meaning the UK isn't seeing much in the way of fresh imports which in turn is limiting supply that then helps sellers no end. The UK market is a lot out on its own at the moment, you see it from the wanted ads here that people still love and in many ways expect a bit of a bargain. So, although overseas markets are going a bit rampant with Supra inflation its not quite at the same levels here. I do think we are 2 years off peak Supra, before stagnation or even downsides pressures will start to be exerted onto Supra prices for all but the very best of the best.

Your car has been largely unmolested so it will be seeing signs of rust as you note on the tailgate and MOT man has noted underneath. That isn't unusual in a near 30 year old car but its something that needs investment in to ensure the ravages of time don't become a terminal decline. And by money, we are talking serious money, big out of pocket money. Something best left to someone else to take on and pay for. 21 years of ownership I think is a big plus for any car, its not unique 22 years here but definitely rare. That you can show a full history presumably backed by MOT certs and receipts is very rare for these cars where many have passed through several hands including into hands that couldn't afford to properly service and maintain a £70k car at todays value that they only paid £5k for when Supras were at their cheapest point 10 years ago.

I'd recommend that there is no point having the car just sitting, rusting and fading away in your garage as that pathway just leads you into a big spend or a devalued car over what you can realise in a sale today.

PS - I think you need to add a price (forum rules) if you want this to remain in the classifieds rather than be moved into Supra chat.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Nice car at a fair price I feel. Only thing I would say is could do with some engine bay pictures, interior and underside. Also a bit about servicing and things like valve stem oil seals etc. Any gearbox issues and when clutch was last replaced would help potential buyers as well. 

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers,

Pete :) 

19 hours ago, MrGRT said:

Just to add that there is no mention of whether it is an auto or manual.  

I second what rider said.  Now it is a good time to sell. I give the supra bubble 5 more years though

Couldn't disagree more.

Toyota published they are phasing out gas engines and reducing emissions by 90%. Thus the future development of their hydrogen based cars.

All oems are phasing out petrol cars. All petrol cars are going up in value and the Supra is leading the way for this jap era. Unless suddenly electric cars get sacked off. There will be only higher value to these cars.

We're in a global pandemic and the price hasn't moved what kind of bubble do you think could happen 😂

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Noz said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Toyota published they are phasing out gas engines and reducing emissions by 90%. Thus the future development of their hydrogen based cars.

All oems are phasing out petrol cars. All petrol cars are going up in value and the Supra is leading the way for this jap era. Unless suddenly electric cars get sacked off. There will be only higher value to these cars.

We're in a global pandemic and the price hasn't moved what kind of bubble do you think could happen 😂

Sorry for the thread hijacking to the OP.

There are no crystal balls here to know what the future will bring but this is IMHO the reasons as to why it will come down:

- demand will fall down as younger generations have less disposable income, read that as people born in the 90s which will have had Supras in their walls. 

- interest will wane from older generations, same as it happened with pre ww2 cars when people retired/passed away. Should hit cars from the 50s and 60s soon. Granted this is far away from hitting cars from the 90s but I reckon in 5 years time average age of supra owners will be what 40? I will be 45 and I can't think I will buy another one at that age let alone at 50.

- petrol will likely be taxed heavily.

- cars not allowed into main city centres. 

Again, these are in my opinion and I could be far off from what will occur

1 hour ago, MrGRT said:

Sorry for the thread hijacking to the OP.

The thread is meandering. I'd suggest that the OP ask a mod to move this thread into Supra chat and start up a new for sales thread if the car is now officially, actually, for sale.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.