The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jdm rear spats

fastphil666

3 hours ago, m12aak said:

Yeah, all of the copy spats I can recall seeing go straight across as they're copied from the pre-facelift spat. Most facelift cars i've seen with the pre-facelift spats have the light screwed in on top and it looks pretty decent.

Im basically wondering, if i didnt want the lights, would copy/pre face lift spats cover the holes left by the lights? 

7 minutes ago, fastphil666 said:

Im basically wondering, if i didnt want the lights, would copy/pre face lift spats cover the holes left by the lights? 

Ah okay, it's hard to say for sure (as my facelift OEM ones would suggest only half would be covered), but the photo below would also suggest otherwise. The car below is @2jzupra's on instagram, it might be worth asking him to confirm?1230787257_Faceliftwithprefacespats.thumb.jpeg.ee78c507d49586dbe90d3dd15daa5d82.jpeg

On 1/7/2021 at 10:09 PM, m12aak said:

My OEM facelift spats (which I still need to fit) have a cut out around the light/reflector on the quarter panel.OEMSPAT.thumb.jpg.4801df6f9357d4f81f316dc23e80b7c4.jpg

Any idea where I can get a set of facelift rear spats from? Ideally want OEM ones or a good set of replicas :) thanks!

8 hours ago, Rashed said:

Any idea where I can get a set of facelift rear spats from? Ideally want OEM ones or a good set of replicas :) thanks!

I’ve not personally seen any OEM facelift ones for sale (I got lucky and swapped my OEM Hockey Sticks and Pods for the skirts and spats). I cannot recall seeing any replica facelift spats for sale either. 

I believe all of the replica spats are fibreglass, so they’d just be modified to fit around the light. I’ve had no experience of any replica body parts so that’d be something other people would need to recommend.

Alternatively, you could also get a set of plastic OEM prefacelift spats and get those modified if you wanted to, Keron (Extreme Performance) may have a set. I’d also put a wanted ad up on here for facelift spats, you never know someone might have some sitting around!

3 hours ago, m12aak said:

I’ve not personally seen any OEM facelift ones for sale (I got lucky and swapped my OEM Hockey Sticks and Pods for the skirts and spats). I cannot recall seeing any replica facelift spats for sale either. 

I believe all of the replica spats are fibreglass, so they’d just be modified to fit around the light. I’ve had no experience of any replica body parts so that’d be something other people would need to recommend.

Alternatively, you could also get a set of plastic OEM prefacelift spats and get those modified if you wanted to, Keron (Extreme Performance) may have a set. I’d also put a wanted ad up on here for facelift spats, you never know someone might have some sitting around!

Ah sweet thanks for that bud! 

• Like 1