The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)

Krimi

1 hour ago, Luxluc said:

Wow.

You plan on going single?

My plan now in schedule its:

After I install the clutch I should legalize the car here in Spain as a “Manual Converted” here the modifications are strictly regulated.

After that I will drop the engine, refresh it, ARP Studs, new gaskets and seals. And install a Link ECU do a BPU+ till I hopefully go single thru the last part of 2021 or first part of 2022 with a VVTI engine and a full list of crazy bits hahahaha :)

• Like 2

Excellent news! Well done mate, so deserved as you’ve been putting in the hours getting this done. Looks great and I love the wheels, looks great. :cool:

Hope the paperwork and registration goes well and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour mate. :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter P said:

Excellent news! Well done mate, so deserved as you’ve been putting in the hours getting this done. Looks great and I love the wheels, looks great. :cool:

Hope the paperwork and registration goes well and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour mate. :) 

Yesssss, hard work but it worth it!! The car feels sooooo different now. Hopefully next week I will have all the paperwork done :)

• Like 1

Really strange problem come out for the Sup after the conversion, the car performs a false rev limiter at 6000 rpm , also doesn’t hold the idle when approach to an stop signal, and the turbos dont spool properly, after breaking my f***ing head, this is an intermitent failure, because sometime it goes over 6000rpm and the car go fast, turbos spool, etc... 

After some search I found an old post, that relates the problem to the ODO input signal from VSS that makes the ECU thinks that the car is at idle and not moving. So easy fix, but hard to find the solution. 10 minutes fix, and hope that could help anyone, after Error 42 display in the code read, you should splice two wires in your ODO connector, and everything goes back to normal. 

I attached a sample picture that I found in the New Zealand forum, this is basically what I do, but I unpinned the pink wire from the conector and join it together in to the blue pin, because I don’t like to cut wires in the wiring loom.

The ODO still works perfectly after this mod, its only to send the info directly from the VSS to the ECU bypassing the ODO signal filter :)

E288EB96-0B4D-4311-B16F-29A9833FD8F9.jpeg

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Really like what you have done.

Looks awesome on those wheels, you must be made up with the outcome.

Also good to see you found a solution to your intermittent problem, and shared the outcome just as importantly.

Great work.

😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pudsey said:

Really like what you have done.

Looks awesome on those wheels, you must be made up with the outcome.

Also good to see you found a solution to your intermittent problem, and shared the outcome just as importantly.

Great work.

😉

Thanks man, always want to be supportive with other people that could face the same problems like me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting news!

Car will be totally legal in Spain on Wednesday.

I ordered a Link G4X ECU with adaptor harness for stock wiring to fit it in my actual non vvti engine. :)

(Didn’t go with the Plug and play ECU Because its not really compatible with my future VVTI engine plans)

Ready to be tuned by the best tuner in Spain GMC Sport to do a BPU+ setting and restore my confidence in tuners after my previous bad experiences, after this and in a few months, the single project will start, and go @Luxluc way VVTI Euro Spec

I will keep you updated since everything arrives.

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• Krimi changed the title to Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)