The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)

Krimi

Car is fully legalized in Spain :)

Today we install the FMIC, Exhaust, intake!

And tomorrow we will finish all the details, PS refrigeration lines, oil change, spark plugs, purchase some more reinforced clamps, because the ones included in the whifbitz kit are crazy chinese hahaha... 

9765DDA7-48AF-4844-B7C7-DF018EB11915.jpeg

4E5E2D65-A2A4-4CE6-B103-47886065FBF7.jpeg

B0E9F991-5711-46DD-BCB6-301DE3F11D4E.jpeg

99CEC4AB-A64C-4AB9-9F4B-031C33CE9FFC.jpeg

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Everything done today!

I think that my #2 Turbo oil seal its damaged, a little blue smoke coming out of the exhaust when you pull the pedal after idle.

Oil change, spark plugs changed, and the smoke stops, maybe the previous oil density was really low.

I will check but anyways, single turbo time its coming hahaha Also new front lip!!

B04213BB-5B47-4BDE-A32F-FFA7D773D63C.jpeg

00BBAAB6-F70C-4D84-9F03-822A487E42EC.jpeg

2A918B82-9A34-4EF8-B441-F97AFE447845.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peter P said:

Congratulations Krimi! :cool:

You worked so hard getting this together, pleased it all paid off and the car is now legal and looking great fella. :) 

Enjoy and keep us posted on your progress. 

Have fun! 

Cheers.

Pete :) 

Thanks for always supporting Pete! A lot of time and work always!! But Its what we like at the end haha

Soon I will receive the Link ECU and a bunch of OEM Parts to respray the full car :)

Sooooo a lot of progress to post here!!

• Like 1

After testing the car today, everything works fine, and the car boost just turned up because of the full decat. :)

But huge problem on drivability. My car is so low and the 4” whifbitz catback its so low mount, the V-band clamp its 5cm to 8cm height to the asphalt. So not funny at all, a lot of scrapes.

Thinking about what to do, new catback, modify the Whifbitz one, HKS carbon Ti, don’t know :(

27B20C55-4DFD-44AC-85CE-47415D06B18D.jpeg

Hey Krimi,

Could you not raise the suspension a bit? Not sure there are many higher fitting exhausts than the Whifbitz ones? You can modify it I guess, but I’d probably raise the suspension personally. You’re call mate, but don’t think another system will solve it. 

9 hours ago, Peter P said:

Hey Krimi,

Could you not raise the suspension a bit? Not sure there are many higher fitting exhausts than the Whifbitz ones? You can modify it I guess, but I’d probably raise the suspension personally. You’re call mate, but don’t think another system will solve it. 

Yes Pete! I know that maybe raising 2 cm the suspension and trying to lift a little bit the exhaust in the center part, maybe fabricating a new support in the center part or something it will improve the situation.

Because the ground clearance its unacceptable right now, it stucks everywhere.

I said HKS Carbon Ti because its 3.75” exhauts and it goes thru the OEM exhaust path.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Noz said:

Air cups. Highly recommended for this situation.

Mines also low and my exhaust hangs really low.

Great upgrade and not as expensive as air ride

Yes I know about this, but I don’t like to modify my KW, this week I will lift the car, and think about how to solve this problem haha

36 minutes ago, Noz said:

Modify? Mate they just sit on top of suspension and act like a metal spacer until needed.

Suspension acts as normal until needed.

I think that with the KW I need to modify the top of the coilover because of the form of it, what coilovers you have?

1 hour ago, Noz said:

The air Cup would just sit over the top of the spring mate. Between that spacer I guess. 

Rotate the lock downwards and should have enough meat on the remaining part of that thread for the aircup height.

I will analize all the options on wednesday, I will take the welding machine and try to replan the exhaust position. 😐

• Like 1

Problem solved, two things done, raise the suspension of the car 1cm in the front and 1.5cm in the rears, and fabricating a new bracket for the center part of the exhaust to lift it, I purchased a clamp that rounds the exhaust and use it as a holder, now its perfect!

BA08B65C-9A57-41BF-9CD7-6C6F59ED141A.jpeg

C7EBFFF3-0850-49BF-8CA5-F87CA05C6CC8.jpeg

5E7550F8-4CF2-45D1-8BFE-5F60554FFFA9.jpeg

30F665F8-120E-4E17-A4D9-0BF9567EDD3A.jpeg

FBDB6065-496A-4C83-8FBF-278103931AFB.jpeg

A4EDCD55-87DF-4971-A10E-532148E30005.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Annabella said:

Clearance looks much better 👍

Yes!! I can entry to my garage without slicing my car in two parts now LOL 

It was frustating to install parts and doesn’t fit the way you want, thats an advice for people that are planing to purchase 4” Whifbitz catback, you need to fab this bracket as a MUST!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

I receive the last few parts to have the full parts for repaint. And also AEM Fuel pump to boost up a little bit this sh*t haha. But unfortunately the OEM windshield came broken!! New one ordered.

4DF036E2-C06A-40AD-B455-FD3848913CD8.jpeg

E28A32A8-222E-41CE-BCEB-4F93C95EAF50.jpeg

9C83F46E-A2B8-407E-9C53-DD2C5849A08B.jpeg

3940CCA2-F45A-42F9-BB0B-8DB14D0D2004.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey Krimi,

Always nice to receive parts, not so nice when they are broken! 😢

That windscreen reminds me of a Samsung TV I got back after they replaced the screen under warranty. The delivery drivers thought it was a good idea to put it between a couple of fridges..... 🙄

Hope the replacement is in better shape buddy. 🤞

Congratulations on completing the conversion and getting the legal in your country.

That must have been a relief after all the effort.

Great little bracket you made up, perhaps Whifbitz should supply something similar if it’s needed.

Such a bummer about the windscreen, I bet your heart dropped.

Fingers crossed they can rectify.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:26 AM, Peter P said:

Hey Krimi,

Always nice to receive parts, not so nice when they are broken! 😢

That windscreen reminds me of a Samsung TV I got back after they replaced the screen under warranty. The delivery drivers thought it was a good idea to put it between a couple of fridges..... 🙄

Hope the replacement is in better shape buddy. 🤞

Of course, good to receive parts, but its something that happens really often, so non stressed about it hahaha

• Haha 1

• Krimi changed the title to Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)