The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Get papers on a car that are exported from uk

jza800

Hi

I have a question, i have a friend that have a Toyota Supra, that are exported from the uk to dk 12 years ago, and he have lost the papers on the car from the uk, so he can not get it on the roads because he dont have the papers on the car, from the uk.. the only thing he have is the paper he got when exported from the uk, does anyone know if it is possible to get the uk paper on the car from dvla? and are there on that can help me with that, i can't as i live in denmark, so there are not much i can do from here.. someone who will and can help me? 

I would imagine as long as you have proof of ownership then you should be able to get another copy from the DVLA at a cost. As above it would be helpful to know exactly what documents you are missing and need new copies of.

Is it a UK car or a Jap import?

7 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

What papers are you looking for?

It is the UK registration paper i need.  He only have this paper on the car when it got exportet from the UK, but that is not enough here in denmark, as said further up, he needs the UK registration paper to get furthere here. 

image0.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tyson said:

I would imagine as long as you have proof of ownership then you should be able to get another copy from the DVLA at a cost. As above it would be helpful to know exactly what documents you are missing and need new copies of.

Is it a UK car or a Jap import?

Yes i Hope that top, but need a person from UK, that can help me get those papers, i know it cost to get it from dvla, i dont know if it is a jap import or a UK car. Maybe you can see they on the above picture in the other post.. 

if the cars been permanently exported as above, then the only way to get the papers is to re-register the car in the uk again from the start. you cant apply for the papers just like that once its been exported.

to obtain a v5 logbook you'll have to mot the car and fill a v55/5 form etc....only a uk resident can do this. now with the uk leaving the car, if you do this you may have to pay vat/duty as well after the new year.....

2 minutes ago, jza800 said:

Ok so with othet words. He have a car he cant use. As we are in denmark and it is 12 years ago it got to denmark. And the chance to get it to UK seems expensive and not worth it. I just thougt it was possible to get the papers. 

basically yes.... you cant just get the papers as its been certified as permanently exported. if it hadn't, then you can apply for the papers.

4 hours ago, blythmrk said:

I thought you kept part of the v5c (log book) when a car was exported?

like the new keepers supplement?

You do, but you send it off the the DVLA to notify them of permanent export, much like when you scrap a car, you send the scrap section to the DVLA

The export certificate states the new keeper was a car dealer based in Germany.  Was the car exported to Germany before Denmark? Was it registered in Germany?

If the car was exported directly to Denmark why has it taken 12 years to register?

If the car was actually exported to Germany and then to Denmark, you should really look to get the registration document from there.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

6 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

The export certificate states the new keeper was a car dealer based in Germany.  Was the car exported to Germany before Denmark? Was it registered in Germany?

If the car was exported directly to Denmark why has it taken 12 years to register?

If the car was actually exported to Germany and then to Denmark, you should really look to get the registration document from there.

I dont know for sure, it is a member on My supra group that have asked me if i could help, the only Thing i know is that he have bourght it from another Guy here in denmark a couple of years ago, and the privius owner have lost the paper on the car. Why it have taken 12 years i cant tell. I dont know either if it have been registreret in germany, but I dont think so, maybe they just importet it for the previus owner.