The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone watching the Bahrain Grand Prix?

Tyson

Holy hell, how Grojean is still alive is testament to F1's dedication to safety. That is the first time I have ever seen a car burst into flames and be ripped clean in half in the modern Formula 1 era.

Sickening to watch, hopefully he recovers fully.

Some serious concerns about the quality of the Armco barriers if a car can pierce the barrier, ride it sideways into a support post and completely rip the car in half. Scary stuff!

Soon as I saw that I didn't think he'd survive. His season will be over and probably F1 career as he hasn't got a drive for next year, but he has his life.

He's got burns to his hands, lower legs and feet, but also probable rib fractures, he won't recover in time for the last two races, if he wanted to. The Medic was very brave without the full fire retardant layers and an open face helmet helping out.

The barrier took an immense amount of energy there, it was the halo that saved his head being taken off. I don't know if it had been a concrete barrier, would that have absorbed as much of the energy like the armco did, as it's about energy dissapation that reduces the impact on the driver. We'll never know.

Crazy to think that speed potentially saved his life there as well. If he'd been going slower, there's a chance the car might've sheared in two around him and he'd have been bang in trouble. If anyone needed justification around the use of the Halo, there you go.

Was also a short distance away from the barrier returning to running parallel with the track as well. I know it can't be helped in places but they may need to look into the angles at which the barriers run with the track. It probably would've done it's job better and deflected him off if it wasn't at an angle that allowed him to basically hit it square on.

2 minutes ago, mattdavies said:

Russell is in the Merc 

Made my morning reading that. I think this will be an interesting weekend. 

Just read it, all eyes will be on him to see how he performs in the best car on the grid 

No pressure lol 

15 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Just read it, all eyes will be on him to see how he performs in the best car on the grid 

No pressure lol 

Russell will be told that he not to get Racey with Bottas, Bottas needs to secure 2nd in the WDC so Russell will be rear gunner.

Having said this FP1,2&3 i expect to see Russell using every last minute he can in the car.

Qualifying will be interesting.

I dont think Russell will be allowed to beat Bottas if they are in a 1/2 scenario.

Just now, mattdavies said:

Russell will be told that he not to get Racey with Bottas, Bottas needs to secure 2nd in the WDC so Russell will be rear gunner.

Having said this FP1,2&3 i expect to see Russell using every last minute he can in the car.

Qualifying will be interesting.

I dont think Russell will be allowed to beat Bottas if they are in a 1/2 scenario.

It will all be about the times he can do, needs to step up and bang it on pole 

He did a great job especially dealing with the pressure of knowing everyone was watching how 

he went.

Such a low lap time has also pulled the grid together with less than 7/10th's between the top 8 

Actually looking forward to this one 

You win together and you lose together, George Russell completely let down by the team, what a disaster. Easily driver of the day for me, Perez had a good race but it was more about circumstance than driving skill which is why George is driver of the day for me.