The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help us hold Audi accountable!

auzzam

Hey guys,

As some of you may know I've been working on my YouTube channel which features the supra. We recently bought the latest A3 and it's had one problem after another.

Audi have messed up the initial batch and fitted them with the wrong seats. They are now refusing to help me until I show them my marriage certificate proving marriage to my wife. (She's the legal owner of the car).

I can't believe they have treated us like this and are now refusing to help. I did not expect this for an almost 40k and the customer service is possibly the worst I've ever seen.

Please can you help by sharing this video and tagging Audi UK in your social channels?

Thanks in advance guys, promise to get back to the supra content soon!

1 hour ago, mwilkinson said:

It seems to me that they are willing to help, they just want the warranty claim to be made by the owner of the car, which doesn't sound that unreasonable to me.

Why doesn't your wife just go to the garage with you and make the claim?

I agree, but it seems some people like the extra drama and to throw all their toys out of the pram over the littlest thing these days. God knows why.

Hey guys, I appreciate the responses.

And yes whilst this may look dramatic, and I'm shocked it takes this level of exposure to get noticed now days by customer services (who up till I mentioned the word YouTube, refused to answer my email) Please let me add a bit more background...

For months now Audi have been denying that owners were given the wrong seats (telling us it was to do with a small hybrid battery). We have all gone through the normal channels and failed to get anywhere.

All I can say about it for now is, they have still not publicly acknowledged the mistake to all affected owners and are telling different owners different things.

It was a clear over reach for them to demand to see my marriage certificate and questioning the validity of my marriage. Please note: this was done after the first video went out which highlighted the wording was wrong on the website. This was a needless request as it has no relation to fixing an issue on a car that I am authorised to log faults on.

They categorically said they would need to see my proof of marriage before helping me on a case which had already been open and they had previously been helping me with.

The main thing for me is, my car along with a lot of other owners was supposed to come with these seats as standard. We paid for the standard trim and expected them. For a long while Audi denied there was any mistake.

They've confirmed the mistake to me privately (again only since the word YouTube was mentioned), but still denied the mistake to other owners and told them their cars were fine and we were mistaken. 

I can't say much more at this point, but am hoping once Audi has formally replied to me I can update this thread to show you guys the outcome.

Thanks for the support - and like I said, I completely understand the comments but hopefully I've made the background clearer.

Few more supra vids coming soon :)

Edited by auzzam (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Burna said:

I agree, but it seems some people like the extra drama and to throw all their toys out of the pram over the littlest thing these days. God knows why.

Hey Burna,

We did all of this, I am fully authorised to speak on her behalf as we have a password set up. 

Still not sure why I have to prove that I'm married to her when I have proved we both live at the same address.

What if I was unmarried? Would they refuse to help me even though the owner has authorised me to speak?

On 11/12/2020 at 9:12 PM, jim_supra said:

You've not made it clear if you've already done it (and if Audi are still not helping after having done it) but have you sent them your marriage certificate? Or has your wife spoken to them to allow you to deal with the issue on her behalf?

Hi Jim,

Audi had been communicating with me for a while, then magically realised I wasn't the registered owner of the car and for data protection they needed my wife to authorise me. This I know is standard procedure and is absolutely fine.

We then set a password up on the account and carried on as normal.

A few hours later they phoned back saying my wife needed to go to the dealership and prove ownership as well as prove she is married to me.

As of now:

We have gone down to the garage and proved ownership as well as shown both licenses which prove we live at the same address.

This was after I was already an authorised user on the car. (With a set password)

I have refused to send in the marriage certificate based on some advice I was given.

Audi have now resumed communication with myself (proving they did not need this).

Thanks

Auzzam