The mkiv Supra Owners Club

caught speeding 94MPH on a motorway

skippyboyo1

Alright lads,

The mrs just gave me some unexpected news this morning!.................. letter through the post clocked by a speed van on a motorway doing 94mph in a 70 limit.

were all guilty of speeding not sure how she didnt see it but hey ho.

any ideas what to expect?

shes sent off saying its her and now shes waiting back.

thank you in advance.

Alright lads,

The mrs just gave me some unexpected news this morning!.................. letter through the post clocked by a speed van on a motorway doing 94mph in a 70 limit.

were all guilty of speeding not sure how she didnt see it but hey ho.

any ideas what to expect?

shes sent off saying its her and now shes waiting back.

thank you in advance.

i think in some cases over 96 is a ban so she's been lucky there.

Worst case 6 points £1000 fine.

Best case 3 points £100 fine

Sweet jebus thats a complicated system, since most people wont understand it it wont affect people by just saying you'll lose 1.5 times your wages. Instead its if you're doing 65% over the limit while overtaking, near a school, at the suns zenith, on May day, you're going to be fined 175% your wages.

• 1 month later...

Gone are the good old days of a traffic PC in his Skoda where you could barter a little.

The one and only time I got caught and fined for speeding the copper knocked 10mph off the speed. Its a bit too clinical getting pinged by a far away camera. I think he was probably being nice as he VASCAR timed my progress and after the fact I read somewhere there must be two police in the vehicle to verify a manual timed VASCAR pull so I probably could have contested it seeing he was a lonesome PC. I must have got away with  30,000 miles driving comfortably over the speed limit beforehand though. Sometimes, you just need to fess up and say fair cop.