The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adrian Flux & Sky what's gone so wrong???

Chingy

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been with sky almost 8 years on the trot but this year they couldn’t not reach the 40k agreed value I wanted 

AF I had no problem at all and got my 40k agreed value and I have gone with them this year 

I did call Reis, they were very friendly but wanted another £250 on top of what I was quoted with AF

1 hour ago, Noz said:

Maybe Reis wanted extra for the 40k. They don't usually charge a high premium. They added a driver on my policy for free this week.

When I called they were very helpful but my insurance premium was twice the price of what I was paying. Not everyone is going to get the best deal, especially if you already have a really good deal with another insurer. For context, I am paying £220 with Lancaster and Reis wanted over £400 for the same cover. Neither are classic policies, accruing NCB on both and identical cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my renewal through from Sky (or Safely Insured, or whatever they call themselves these days).
£345 Fully Comp + 1 named driver + 650bhp along with other mods, £35k agreed value and maximum NCD. 

Perfectly happy with that, so didn't bother going through the hassle of shopping around. I got a quote from Reis last year which was almost 50% of what Sky were quoting me, so Sky dropped their quote to match. It seems this year, they started with a sensible quote, rather than going high and making me shop around for something better.

Just sorted mine Monday, stayed with Lynbrook as I've always had a good experience with them 🙂 

£437 for the year, with a value of £50,000. Two additional drivers (both forum members) one with a recent accident this year, so that bumped it up more than usual. They have never charged any extra for arranging European cover for when I take the car across Europe once or twice a year, Sky years ago use to charge me an extra £75 each trip!

So very happy with Lynbrook as usual 🙂