The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA ITB Build - I've gone rogue

Eightdip

5 minutes ago, Eightdip said:

Thanks Noz! The only one I've seen with more is Brendan Taft's in the US that makes about 280hp, presumably at the wheels as that has head work, equal length custom manifold and runs on E85

Driving video will be next up, don't want to give everything away at once 😛 keep the people coming back for more!

I can see the goal reaching closer mate.

His car inspired my wide arch so much. Currently got his as my phone background 😅

Think headwork the way to go though. Especially when you're chasing those high rpm flow conditions.

1 hour ago, Noz said:

I can see the goal reaching closer mate.

His car inspired my wide arch so much. Currently got his as my phone background 😅

Think headwork the way to go though. Especially when you're chasing those high rpm flow conditions.

Definitely getting there! Yeah it's a stunning car, not seen a lot from him in a while actually

Headwork is for sure on the list, next step for me is brakes and suspension I reckon

39 minutes ago, Eightdip said:

Definitely getting there! Yeah it's a stunning car, not seen a lot from him in a while actually

Headwork is for sure on the list, next step for me is brakes and suspension I reckon

Do you have a spare head for the upgrades? Selected cam choice?

I never had any issues on jspec brakes when I put a turbo on mine. Only saw issues when I went on a track. But suspension well worth doing. Are you planning to track it?

I fitted hsd to mine. Too stiff personally. Can't wait to get it sold and go full air ride.

3 hours ago, Noz said:

Do you have a spare head for the upgrades? Selected cam choice?

I never had any issues on jspec brakes when I put a turbo on mine. Only saw issues when I went on a track. But suspension well worth doing. Are you planning to track it?

I fitted hsd to mine. Too stiff personally. Can't wait to get it sold and go full air ride.

I do not, have barely looked into it to be quite honest, just know that a good port and polish will help me out power wise!

It's been on track a couple of times (Anglesey and Oulton Park), and they're really not up to scratch, it'll definitely see the track plenty more times so brakes are really a priority. 

I'm thinking HKS Hipermax coilovers to be honest, something that I can really get dialled in. Just a tad pricey!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Eightdip said:

I do not, have barely looked into it to be quite honest, just know that a good port and polish will help me out power wise!

It's been on track a couple of times (Anglesey and Oulton Park), and they're really not up to scratch, it'll definitely see the track plenty more times so brakes are really a priority. 

I'm thinking HKS Hipermax coilovers to be honest, something that I can really get dialled in. Just a tad pricey!

Ah cool man, if you track it I agree its worth doing.

I reckon doing porting will be a game changer.

I have a spare head if you ever need it.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, Noz said:

Ah cool man, if you track it I agree its worth doing.

I reckon doing porting will be a game changer.

I have a spare head if you ever need it.

Oo interesting, I may very well contact you about that when the time comes! Is it NA non VVTI?

• 2 months later...

Long awaited update! I finally have good (front) brakes. Went for the K sports in the end, had to get a new pair of front wheels to make them fit, so currently running 8.5J +23 Offset on the fronts which seems to fit pretty spot on. Vid below!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Little late to the party but I finally got my wheels sprayed! Went for a Jeep Dragon Bronze colour which I think is absolutely 👌

I didn't want dark bronze but equally I didn't want gold so I reckon this strikes a good balance.

What do you guys think? I also need to work out what to do centre caps wise as the JR ones are silver so don't really go with the wheels. Maybe plain black ones?

DSC03199-2.thumb.JPG.db169499b52d1713a36f8304e7fa0ab9.JPGDSC03201-2.thumb.JPG.ebd8e6e710fdf68db0657f8bd0bf707e.JPGDSC03198-2.thumb.JPG.81afb446f7d081242650692a74cb7e20.JPG

Also as usual I vlogged the process!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's finally new suspension time! Managed to grab some used BC Racing coilies and also put on some Whifbitz anti-roll bars at the same time so it's sitting pretty. Need to replace a bent lower arm before we could get a proper geo done, but getting there!

IMG_1017.thumb.jpg.27f19f7f43f58f2aa50194c8e4c4ffa6.jpg406663182_IMG_3173-2copy.thumb.jpg.9e27152976f0d013e63832722f97a217.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:00 PM, Tommyg_5 said:

Wheels look great mate! Just peel off the JR logo. Pretty sure they are black underneath. Mine are as I never put the JR sticker on

Thanks bud! I'll have a look, I imagine they are just silver though as the body of them is silver