The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM 3 spoke steering wheel

rider

I bought in an entire steering column 2 years ago and finally got around to unwrapping and dismantling it today. I bought it to get at a spare column stalk set so that leaves the wheel and column as potentially surplus items. The column has one key in the lock so might be of use to someone, its a bit rusty on the brackets but the bearings and column wiring seem good. If it is of interest to anyone PM me and I'll send over some pics. It'd need to be collected because of its size and shape.

The OEM steering wheel is a key part to the OE look and increasingly rare item to get listed. The one that came with the column is in really good condition which has pleased me no end. I'm going to give it a fresh leather colour treatment so it'll look close to new once done. I'll be putting it up for sale on eBay and FB once I've completed the tidy up and posting the link in this thread. If anyone has any interest in a really nice pre-facelift, 3 spoke (no airbag) steering wheel then PM me and I'll give a heads up before it gets listed.

Pricing up what one of these costs new was a bit of a shock, it's over £700 just for the horn button. The leather steering wheel is a discontinued part so thats hard to price, the rubber compound version is still around for about £350. Seems to be around £1k from some old archive listings. Or, you could buy the two for £1,700. Leaves you wondering how many got thrown away over the years in favour of a stubby 'racing' wheel. £700 for the horn push, Supra world never fails to amaze.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.