The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want an S15

tayr

I want a Spec R aero so bad, Please put me off them

Prices have gone nuts which is annoying as I knew they would but I didn’t have 12k at the time. Now 18k for half decent one and more than that if importing

Anyone driven one??

A friend had one. The SR20 is a decent block good for about 400hp on the stock bottom end. He was running around 450hp. Sadly, he ended up crashing it, then he bought it as a CAT D, repaired it and two months later blew his head gasket racing, my 620hp Supra at the time, which in turn warped the head and led to him giving up on the pursuit of beating my humble auto Supra. :rlol:

Besides I'm not a big fan of the triangle third brake light on the spoiler.

Ah, I didn’t realise they were only good for about 400hp, need To look into how much a built bottom end would be on one. Although 400hp in a 1300kg should still be pretty quick, but if that’s the borderline safe limit then might have to think about that.

Oh dear so that basically meant new engine??

I kind of agree, needs a big gay wing on the back

Ah, I didn’t realise they were only good for about 400hp, need To look into how much a built bottom end would be on one. Although 400hp in a 1300kg should still be pretty quick, but if that’s the borderline safe limit then might have to think about that.

Oh dear so that basically meant new engine??

I kind of agree, needs a big gay wing on the back

If he had listened to my (along with another friend's) advice and fitted an uprated head gasket and some uprated head bolts when he was getting his turbo fitted at Horsham Developments, that engine would have lasted forever at 450hp. Make no mistake, the car was an absolute rocket. The race with my Supra was neck and neck, and I only had a real edge at the top end. As soon as I hit around 195-200mph (according to my speedo) and looked back, all I could see was a massive cloud of smoke in my mirror, I actually thought the poor sod had crashed again!

Rebuilds are similar money to the Supra, maybe a tiny bit less. He ended up selling the car as it was to a chap called Ed at Fusion Motorsports for peanuts.