The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Disinfecting shopping

formatzero

Yes i've been doing it for two weeks, taped up the letter box and put a bucket in front of the door

for the postman, the post and any parcels and all shopping goes straight into the garage where

i sort through it, i've got a wall mounted shelf that's like a corner shop now :)

Without panic buying i must add :)

Anything washable like tins and bottles or in sealed plastic goes into the laundry room sink and

gets washed or sprayed with the Dettol surface cleaner, then i wash up myself and have a shower.

My 89 yr old mother lives with me so i'm doing as much as i can

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Yep, my partner is immunocompromised so been doing it since the end of February along with wearing FFP3 masks and gloves. I don't use bags for life as they are plastic and hold all kinds of bacteria and this thing seems to live on plastic for the longest time.

I have been using the old fashioned string bags from yesteryear and wash them after every visit. I'm doing it for five people so need to be on top of things. Can't be complacent.

Bit of bleach on a cloth and wipe everything throughly before it goes into the house. No cardboard into the house either. Everything get unwrapped outside, cleaned and passed over the threshold.

Yep, my partner is immunocompromised so been doing it since the end of February along with wearing FFP3 masks and gloves. I don't use bags for life as they are plastic and hold all kinds of bacteria and this thing seems to live on plastic for the longest time.

I have been using the old fashioned string bags from yesteryear and wash them after every visit. I'm doing it for five people so need to be on top of things. Can't be complacent.

Bit of bleach on a cloth and wipe everything throughly before it goes into the house. No cardboard into the house either. Everything get unwrapped outside, cleaned and passed over the threshold.

It can't be easy. I feel your pain but keep doing what you're doing and we'll all get through this with our loved ones. Bear in mind, this little bastard seems to not only thrive on plastic, but also stainless steel. So items like; tools, watches, scissors, razors, nail clippers, glasses, keys and kitchen utensils will all be thriving hotspots for those of us who are perhaps not being as careful as they ought to be.

To be honest I find it all really easy, I just let my OCD off it's leash and it carries me along for the ride. It's the first time I have felt okay about not being okay :D The gaff is spotless, always is :rlol: Bleach and Isopropyl have been my friends for a very long time!

It's not just loved ones, it's my neighbours too.

People need to box clever with this as our governments and the W.H.O aren't any use to us. Due to them playing various political and financial games they have all been caught with their pants down. As soon as this started spreading into the various Chinese provinces I knew we were in trouble.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Grammar. (see edit history)

To be honesty I find it all really easy, I just let my OCD off it's leash and it carries me along for the ride. It's the first time I have felt okay about not being okay :D The gaff is spotless, always is :rlol: Bleach and Isopropyl have been my friends for a very long time!

It's not just loved ones, it's my neighbours too.

People need to box clever with this as our governments and the W.H.O aren't any use to us. Due to them playing various political and financial games they have all been caught with their pants down. As soon as this started spreading into the various Chinese provinces I knew we were in trouble.

The masks and gloves are a bit of a faff... I'm quite OCD too but even then, the masks and gloves do irritate me, and my skin. If I completely let my OCD off the leash, I will find myself bathing in IPA and showering in bleach all day! :rlol:

As you state, the government and WHO are both irretrievably off the mark, though I note, the WHO has made some strides to set itself right recently following its initial catastrophic blunders. Though this will, of course, not detract from the damning nature of said blunders, and I am of the opinion that they ought to be held accountable for their actions, or lack thereof. The same goes for China and their actions, or lack thereof.

Question is though; when this eventually blows over, will the rest of the world simply return to business as usual with China and pretend like nothing ever happened, or will the world finally take a stance to protect its citizens from the atrocities perpetrated and/or facilitated by China and its communist government?

Sadly, my guess is; it will be the former, as the world has already resumed business with China, with the latest import being a real kick in the nuts; ventilators. Having said that, I am absolutely happy to be proved wrong here.

This crisis should be a real eye opener for the world. From the over-paid celebrities and sports figures, to the under-paid front line health care staff. People need to wake up and realise that things really do need to change, because the survival of our species really does depend on it.

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)