The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance opening

Safely Insured

Hi all,

I hope you and those around you are keeping safe.

Just a quick notification that Sky Insurance is still open, albeit with temporarily reduced hours - Mon-Fri, 9-5, Sat, 9-4.

Feel free to drop us a call if you're due for renewal or not - even if you only want an idea of what you could be paying/saving, we'll be happy to speak to you. PM me if you'd like a scheduled callback.

Stay safe.

Alex

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Annabella said:

Think they're taking the piss

When don’t they.

The forum desperately needs a decent insurance company that is interested in being competitive for the members and providing them with the cover they need. Sky haven’t been like this for years as they quickly realised the forum is easy pickings.

All insurance companies are doing strange things like the policy cancellation fee, of up to £60 I've read. I sold my Merc towards the end of a policy period and phoned the insurer to ensure there was no auto renewal. I never said I had parted way with the vehicle, to avoid any potential cancellation fees that it is unsure from the small print if it would be recovered by the insurer if it exceeds the residual period credit. The bod on the phone interrogated my for quite a period with 'are you sure you haven't sold it?' and 'is the car still in your possession?'. I declined to answer these irrelevant questions as I merely called to ensure their was no auto renewal. 

I think insurance has got so competitive these days that every insurer is looking for every creative means to screw every penny out of the customer they can and if they cannot do that with the initial premium it has to be through shoddy service and hefty penalties.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Dnk said:

I'll be interested to see why 

I've replied to the email from Sky/Safely Insured and look forward to the reason why 

Everything else went fine with them but this is taking the p

It says in their T's and C's that they have to wait to get your money back from the insurer before they can send it on to you as they are just the broker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

It says in their T's and C's that they have to wait to get your money back from the insurer before they can send it on to you as they are just the broker.

In this day and age with computers etc you'd think it would be done inside a week.

If we were back in the dark ages when we used cheques and had phones with dials on them 

then yes i could understand it, but as its in their t&c's i'll live with it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 4:39 PM, Dnk said:

Thought i'd post in here.

I've just cancelled my Range Rover policy that I had with you as i've sold it.

My question is, 4-6 weeks to get my refund ? Surely that can't be right !!

Hi DNK,

The refund is usually much quicker than the stated 4-6 weeks, which is more a worst case scenario.

Reason being is that we don't hold the premium; the insurer does, so timing of when the refund is issued back to the customer all depends on when it is requested in the payment cycle, which is repeated once every 4-6 weeks.

If you need any help, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Cheers, Alex 

8 minutes ago, Safely Insured said:

Hi DNK,

The refund is usually much quicker than the stated 4-6 weeks, which is more a worst case scenario.

Reason being is that we don't hold the premium; the insurer does, so timing of when the refund is issued back to the customer all depends on when it is requested in the payment cycle, which is repeated once every 4-6 weeks.

If you need any help, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Cheers, Alex 

Thanks for the reply Alex, not a problem i'll wait 🙂

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)