The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Annual Insurance Price Hike?

Nathanj1142

Hello all, the time has come for me to renew my supra's insurance.

Last year, in March, I insured my car for about £1000. I was 19 (young driver premiums[ANGRY][/ANGRY])

I've just been looking at quotes for just after I turn 21, and the cheapest I'm getting on price comparison sites is £2500, and that's on the exact same car, but I will be 21 and currently own a house? I tried sky insurance and their quote came back at 2500 aswell.

Has anyone else noticed a huge spike in their premium quotes? Is it the time of year?

Maybe area change. Where is it parked vs where WAS it parked. New area now with your own place? That will affect it.

Consider all things that's different.

But £1000 for a Supra at 19 is quite spectacular really.

I bought the house my family live in - confusing situation but same area same place.

I was getting quotes on twin turbos for £1500 last year too

Maybe change the setting of being a home owner. See if it drops. Would explain it.

I highly recommend Reis motorsport insurance. They looked after me so well I have all my cars with them now. They beat all the comparison websites and gave me a really good quote.

PM me if you wanted a contact email.

Adrian flux is now the cheapest at £1750 - apparently £13000 for the agreed valuation is too high so therefore they’ve hiked my premium up? I based that off the agreed valuation post on these forums. I asked why it was too high and apparently replacing a bone stock supra would be less as it hasn’t got the changes that I’ve made to it - I said be my guest if you can find a stock supra for that price haha