The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Motomachi Supra

Supra-love

3 hours ago, Noz said:

Ever catch your exhaust center section?

No idea mate, haven’t driven her just yet since the build, but dan said he’s got to adjust the exhaust and hang it properly yet. 
This is the Whifbitz 4” single box so would like to see how others have them really!

1 hour ago, Noz said:

Ahhh okay.

Mines a 4.5" and looks identical in placement. Just be mindful I guess.

I fitted air cups for ramps.

Cheers bud, I’ll definitely be careful. I’m going to get the nitron suspension calibrated with a good geo soon so hopefully it’ll all be good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, Peter P said:

Glad it’s base mapped, shame about the tapping noise, hopefully nothing too sinister! 🤞 :) 

I think it’s from the thin running in mineral oil mate. Also the titanium springs and retainers and 264 cams possibly making slightly more noisy than stock. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry haven’t posted in a bit, had a tappy noise that needed looking into.

Map sensor also failed on me runnin in which chucked fuel into her and messed the map up.

So bought some nice bc cam gears + arp bolts, a new Syvecs 4bar map sensor will be dialled in on the dyno.

Also got some good compression results. (In Bar)

Oil and wear materials have been checked and are minimal, normal for break in. Sieved the oil and checked the oil filter element etc. 

Tappy noise was caused by slightly loose cam gear bolt (minor) but we checked everything over anyway. 

C873A6A8-95B4-4F61-8A78-4D79682DACE3.jpeg

F96A1865-AD4D-4B7E-A095-2BFBD56E13CB.jpeg

F4E3A3B4-37E2-4921-A70E-B89F4D278B5B.jpeg

12A02056-3438-4B72-9C9A-28DFF8323F7E.jpeg

C7A4D3B1-6294-4A01-A0AA-96BF5941AB26.jpeg

E1640F50-69B0-4949-84BB-B65847371ABA.jpeg

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)
  • Like 2

So it’s my lucky day today, the engine is now running sweet as a nut all thanks to dc.

I also thought I had a noisy rattle in the clutch area too, so got them to check that, they found the driveshaft to be loose causing the rattle against the exhaust area, and the steering rack was also loose, with the pas pipes kinked. They said when checking it all two bolts fell straight out the driveshaft mating point.

Thank god they found these issues before something bad happened driving it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Nice to read something positive, as you say, your lucky day finding the issues before they caused any major problems. Hopefully many happy hours of driving pleasure ahead! 👍

Exactly that mate, they said it could of been very dangerous, so glad it’s found and fixed. Everything going well now, all to do is dial in the sensor on the dyno and run her in fully, finally 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mharvey said:

Love this project. You've had your fair share of issues but I'm glad there's light ahead now

That really does seem to tick over nicely now, no rattles whatsoever. 

Good luck with running in etc 

Thanks dude! Yeah at least I’m still alive hey! 😉 

• Like 2

She’s all ready to pick up Monday all dialled in and running sweet, be going to blackboots (chesham) in the next few weeks to get the full works height, cambers etc all geo’d up, finish the running in and then get her to romain for final tune! 

8B34035C-EC7D-4F3B-85C8-860C58E3759D.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, m12aak said:

Looking good! Why was the RHS vent replaced for the display? Most I've seen replace the clock instead. Just curious, that's all.

Hi mate, the vent is blocked, this is something srd did way back, i have thought about moving it with a bracket somewhere else. it’s been there since 2011. ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supra-love said:

Hi mate, the vent is blocked, this is something srd did way back, i have thought about moving it with a bracket somewhere else. it’s been there since 2011. ☺️

Ah okay, cool. Thanks for the reply. 

• Like 1

• Supra-love changed the title to The Motomachi Supra