The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Motomachi Supra

Supra-love

Set of genuine wind deflectors on order.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]236812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]236813[/ATTACH]

Nice collection of new parts you have there mate. :thumbs:

Can you PM me the cost and where you ordered the wind deflectors from please mate? Part numbers would be fab as well if you don’t mind sharing. :)

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Pete :)

Nice collection of new parts you have there mate. :thumbs:

Can you PM me the cost and where you ordered the wind deflectors from please mate? Part numbers would be fab as well if you don’t mind sharing. :)

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Pete :)

Thanks mate. Yeah got a lot of parts to be fitted when she gets back now.

The parts number for the two set of deflectors is in the pic mate, just google and go with what you can afford on the results.

I got mine from a bidding site in Japan, cost arm and leg!

Glad it’s coming together it’s been a long haul!

It seems only a few months since I helped you view the car so glad it was a good base point��

Thanks mark. Yeah it’s been far to long but I’m glad it’s finally coming together now. Not long and she will be fully built and restored underneath, with lots of new parts. Just need a respray which will take much more savings!

Yeah seems like yesterday we met and went over the car together.

Was a very good baseline shell and engine. Exactly what I wanted really.

Cannot wait till she’s back from James ready for mapping etc. Still lots to do when back though, alarm and lots of new parts to fit my end.

• 1 month later...

Why do you have Pistons and Rods sitting in the block prior to seating your crank and torquing down the main caps? , you want to ensure the crank moves freely before installing piston and Rods

You guide the piston and rod onto the connection rod journal from the top of the cylinder via a piston ring compressor tool , stops the rings bending or breaking

Why did you not put it on an engine stand when installing everything , make life alot easier measuring clearance and reduce the risk of making a mistake , damaging anything

Why do you have Pistons and Rods sitting in the block prior to seating your crank and torquing down the main caps? , you want to ensure the crank moves freely before installing piston and Rods

You guide the piston and rod onto the connection rod journal from the top of the cylinder via a piston ring compressor tool , stops the rings bending or breaking

Why did you not put it on an engine stand when installing everything , make life alot easier measuring clearance and reduce the risk of making a mistake , damaging anything

@little num built it, I’m sure he can answer your questions mate

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)

DIY build no ?

You spent alot of cash on parts , would not like to see you have any issues

No mate James hart built it for me. I would never attempt a DIY

Yeah spent mega money on parts and for James to do it all so last thing I want is any issues!

I’m sure he will be along soon to explain.

• Supra-love changed the title to The Motomachi Supra