• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no, i prefer standing by my car looking pretty 🤓

Wonder how much my year 2000 factory tt6 is worth with low-ish miles 😂

That's a good point, I've basically disregarded the cost of both of mine now, I'm only interested in prices for agreed valuation's sake (and obviously general curiosity), I don't think I could ever pa

Posted Images

21 hours ago, The Raven said:

Just put my agreed value in with Flux. Im asking for 25k.

I added full photo documents of all the work ive done from my build thread. Will report back how i get on

Please do. Last time I did the same thing with Flux, they knocked me down a few grand and just locked the policy in at that price. I argued the toss but never got anywhere

• Like 2

I Spoke with sky yesterday as i was interested to hear their thoughts on agreed value. At the moment is tricky as the market prices are going a bit mad.

They said that sometimes its better not to have an agreed value as you are stuck with that value for a year.

i.e. if you get an agreed value for 40k in May, then the market value continues to rise throughout the year, you'd have to cancel and renew your policy each time. Whereas if you had it set to market value, you could argue the toss that its worth more.

With that being said - i still think security is better than speculation. 

10 minutes ago, tayr said:

I Spoke with sky yesterday as i was interested to hear their thoughts on agreed value. At the moment is tricky as the market prices are going a bit mad.

They said that sometimes its better not to have an agreed value as you are stuck with that value for a year.

i.e. if you get an agreed value for 40k in May, then the market value continues to rise throughout the year, you'd have to cancel and renew your policy each time. Whereas if you had it set to market value, you could argue the toss that its worth more.

With that being said - i still think security is better than speculation. 

You're right, the security of having an agreed value is definitely the better option, certainly when you take into account what the book value still seems to be for Supras.

Plus what insurance company isn't going to try and pay out the absolute minimum they can outside of an agreed value, the fight for getting any form of decent/ accurate payout versus potentially missing out on a few grand of inflation over the term of the policy just isn't worth it IMO.

Would be interesting to see what Sky say the current market value would be for yours for example

1 minute ago, jim_supra said:

You're right, the security of having an agreed value is definitely the better option, certainly when you take into account what the book value still seems to be for Supras.

Plus what insurance company isn't going to try and pay out the absolute minimum they can outside of an agreed value, the fight for getting any form of decent/ accurate payout versus potentially missing out on a few grand of inflation over the term of the policy just isn't worth it IMO.

Would be interesting to see what Sky say the current market value would be for yours for example

Indeed - i will know in a few weeks when i renew.

With a relatively clean white tt6 up for 40k at the moment, the recent auction results, and importers now advertising as a 40k min. I can't see 40k being an issue - but we will see

There is another guy who is insured for 50k for his tt6 but i'm not sure who with.

2 hours ago, tayr said:

Indeed - i will know in a few weeks when i renew.

With a relatively clean white tt6 up for 40k at the moment, the recent auction results, and importers now advertising as a 40k min. I can't see 40k being an issue - but we will see

There is another guy who is insured for 50k for his tt6 but i'm not sure who with.

Last year, my stock white TT6 was agreed at £50k by Reis after I had it valued by JM.

10 hours ago, Style said:

Please do. Last time I did the same thing with Flux, they knocked me down a few grand and just locked the policy in at that price. I argued the toss but never got anywhere

They did exactly the same to me- glad to hear I’m not the only one. I’ll be changing from AF this year as they don’t seem to want to value a TT Supra above £20k. 

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

They did exactly the same to me- glad to hear I’m not the only one. I’ll be changing from AF this year as they don’t seem to want to value a TT Supra above £20k. 

That’s nuts. Reis Motorsport Insurance all day every day. @Nozsuggested them last year (thanks bud!) and I made the switch. Haven’t looked back since. Friendly customer service, £50k valuation on my stock TT6 and unbeatable quotes!

Can’t go wrong.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tyson said:

Was the valuation by JM to support the agreed value or did Reis say that you had to have one?

In support of it. They said I should either send them a few examples of similar cars for sale (there were none) or obtain an expert valuation. I obviously opted for the latter which cost me next to nothing and they were very quick to accept it!

7 hours ago, Mo Reviews said:

In support of it. They said I should either send them a few examples of similar cars for sale (there were none) or obtain an expert valuation. I obviously opted for the latter which cost me next to nothing and they were very quick to accept it!

Good to know, thanks for highlighting it!

Did JM provide any documentation for you to take forward or was a screenshot of a conversation with Jurgen more along the lines of what was needed? JM's around the corner from me so I reckon I'll be doing the same and making the switch to Reis at this rate!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Style said:

Good to know, thanks for highlighting it!

Did JM provide any documentation for you to take forward or was a screenshot of a conversation with Jurgen more along the lines of what was needed? JM's around the corner from me so I reckon I'll be doing the same and making the switch to Reis at this rate!

No worries bud!

Jurgen sent me an official document setting out his valuation and the rationale behind it. Didn’t cost the world either! So, well worth a shot IMO.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mo Reviews said:

Did you take your car to Jurgen or did you just provide him details of the car? Spec, pictures, history etc

15 hours ago, Tyson said:

Did you take your car to Jurgen or did you just provide him details of the car? Spec, pictures, history etc

I sent him the history, specs (completely stock TT6) and all the specific pictures that he requested. Though, his initial preference was to inspect the car in person, he appreciated the distance between us, and made adjustments in that regard.

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)