The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 5th Supra

ben_harmer32

This is a really enjoyable thread - thank you for keeping it updated.

General question about the hybrid turbos......were you surprised at the negligible gain in peak power vs stock even though you were running a little more boost? Do you know if IATs were high perhaps? Was it just the compressor wheel that was bigger, or was the turbine bigger also?

This is a really enjoyable thread - thank you for keeping it updated.

General question about the hybrid turbos......were you surprised at the negligible gain in peak power vs stock even though you were running a little more boost? Do you know if IATs were high perhaps? Was it just the compressor wheel that was bigger, or was the turbine bigger also?

I'm afraid i'm not all that knowledgeable on the turbos. I wasn't expecting any more power, although it did gain a little going to 1.3bar. I do know that it's not the turbos holding the car back it's the fueling. The injectors are on 100% duty cycle, if i sorted out the fueling system and ECU i could run more power easily.

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Just read through your thread, car looks awesome!

Perfect example that silver Supras can look great too! Haha

Do you know what wheels you have? I think mine are the same, but not sure what they are.

Thanks, trying to hide the silver a bit with carbon accessories. Few more to come yet.

Wheels are rota GTR on front and GTR drifts on back. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Fitted a carbon Top Secret bonnet to the car that i bought from whifbitz. It's great quality however i couldn't get the stock catch on the right to engage no matter what i did (Peter P on the forum is having the same issue with his). I have fitted after market aero catches anyway so it's all heald down tight. I mentioned the issue to whifbitz via message, which they read but did not reply. I'll update if i get a response. Also have a slightly bigger gap on the lower right hand side (few mm), bonnet sits perfect at the top and on the left. I'm going to try and slightly adjust the wing to close the gap.

Tomorrow i've got some sheets of heat resistant correx tray arriving. I am going to use this to make a rain guard which will divert any water coming through the vents to the side gullies of the car. I am going to make it so it's easily removable for when the weathers good :)

Another thing i did't think of when fitting the bonnet, holes in the bonnet means more noise gets out! My turbos sound epic!! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235236[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235239[/ATTACH]

Hi Ben,

Funnily enough I bought the same aerocatches for mine! ;)

Car is now with the bodyshop to fit my Ridox kit, sort the bonnet fitment as much as they can, paint a few bits including the bonnet (just having the four vents left carbon), painting side pieces on the full carbon TRD wing, sorting badly rolled rear arches, fixing bent and rusty sills, and hopefully aerial delete and rear wiper delete as well. :)

Hoping my APR carbon FMIC cooling plate can go back on as well, did help to latch on one side, but not the front left if you stand in front of the car (that was not engaging, just right side locked down). Guessing the catches do help? Looks like you did a good job as not many would want to cut into an expensive carbon bonnet (me included! Lol).

Nice progress fella, hopefully see you at some shows in the future. :)

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Ben,

Funnily enough I bought the same aerocatches for mine! ;)

Car is now with the bodyshop to fit my Ridox kit, sort the bonnet fitment as much as they can, paint a few bits including the bonnet (just having the four vents left carbon), painting side pieces on the full carbon TRD wing, sorting badly rolled rear arches, fixing bent and rusty sills, and hopefully aerial delete and rear wiper delete as well. :)

Hoping my APR carbon FMIC cooling plate can go back on as well, did help to latch on one side, but not the front left if you stand in front of the car (that was not engaging, just right side locked down). Guessing the catches do help? Looks like you did a good job as not many would want to cut into an expensive carbon bonnet (me included! Lol).

Nice progress fella, hopefully see you at some shows in the future. :)

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sounds like some nice additions to your car, sure it'll look amazing when done!

I want ridox side skirts for mine :) I’ve got a do-luck bumper on the way and then I need to find a trial rear bumper (mix and match kits! Lol)

My plan originally was to paint the bonnet same as you and leave the vents. But I've got used to the full carbon look now and kinda like it.

I had to remove my cooling panel; the bonnet wouldn’t close at all with it on. However, recently I chopped it up and got it to fit but had to take a lot of material off.

With me it was the right side that wouldn’t engage, I tried lots of times. I think a few have had similar problems with fitment. I messaged whifbitz about the issue on facebook messenger, they read and ignored it…

As for the catches I wouldn’t run a carbon bonnet without. Seen what happens when just the stock ones come undone so many times. They’re not to hard to fit. I’ve done it a few times now. Hardest bit is getting the 2nd one to sit in the same position as the first :D

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I'm going to carbon wrap the lower center section to tie into the bonnet and roof :)

Looks really good. I had to trim mine quite a bit for the intercooler piping but it looks as though you haven't had the same problem. :thumbs:

I was surprised it didn't need trimming for the intercooler to be honest. Was just the sides that needed adjusting and the top center piece.

• 4 weeks later...