The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TIVO with lifetime subscription

wez_p

still by far the best DVR on the market but i just don't use it :|

the subscription is actually an 'evaluation' one that was applied to the box when it was intended to be a demonstration box in a local TV store, where i knew the manager

when it never took off, i bought the box after it had had VERY little use & i have had no problems with it over the years i've had it and obviously never had to pay for subscription

it is untouched in terms of hard disk replacement etc so hasn't been messed with in any way

i know what it's worth & i'd rather offer it here to people who know what they're looking for & what they're getting etc, before having to deal with the idiots on eBay :shrug: but have also advertised it elsewhere

it will come in its original box with all instructions, cables, etc and is in A1 mint condition with no faults

£250

preferably some kind of collection or meet, rather than having to send such an item in the post, but if need be then we can come to some arrangement on courier/recorded/insured delivery or something?

Guest tdaxgav

Ooooh... it might actually be worthwhile taking a copy of the HDD and storing that *grin*....

The tivo is still the better unit when compared to the sky+, it is the thumbs up and down bit that I loved... I've still got mine sat in a cupboard... I had big plans for it, bigger HDD (done), network card (never done).....

Gav

Wez,

Which model is it, software version, HDD size?

Gaz.

i'll get specifics for you tonight when i get home Gaz, the HDD is whatever the standard one, which i believe could store 12-40 hours worth of recordings, depending on what quality you set it at. Easily upgradeable as many folks have but i just never really filled it that often to bother.

@tdaxgav - not sure what you're getting at there geezer ;)

@chase - cheers for the link mate

Wes

Guest tdaxgav

Sorry, was just saying what a good unit the tivo was, and for anybody on cable it is a brilliant option since sky+ is only on sky....

Sorry, was just saying what a good unit the tivo was, and for anybody on cable it is a brilliant option since sky+ is only on sky....

ah, it was the copying the drive bit i was wondering about - is that if you can 'clone' the evaluation subscription?

I wonder if you upgrade the software version - does that retain the demo version license?

not sure, are we talking about the upgrades it does over the telephone line? if so then it's fine as it's always been connected to the phone line

Which model is it, software version, HDD size?

Model: Thomson Scenium

Software version: 2.5.5-01-1-023

HDD size: standard (12-40 hours depending on recording quality selected)

any more Qs just let me know

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.