The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1972 MGB Roadster

Jamesy

I own a stunning 1970 MGB Roadster and have it insured for a healthy £12k. The price seems steep as that level is into heritage shell territory with new nuts. It could be justifiable if it has genuine verifiable mileage with every MOT certificate from 1975 and a service book from 1972. Otherwise, mileage is just a number.

I own a stunning 1970 MGB Roadster and have it insured for a healthy £12k. The price seems steep as that level is into heritage shell territory with new nuts. It could be justifiable if it has genuine verifiable mileage with every MOT certificate from 1975 and a service book from 1972. Otherwise, mileage is just a number.

Hi mate its a 1972 which is a desirable year. Plus has the chrome wheels and not been messed wih. He has a folder full of mot’s and reciepts and has been garaged since birth !! Most 1972ms on car and classic are £19-20k

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning

Took delivery of a 1971 MGB ( my birth year!) to restore just before xmas and I am in the process of stripping it down, such fun and ease to work on, mine is a hard top but get to drive and as you say appreciating classic

This would have been perfect if I wanted a turn key car

Sounds lovely mate. Enjoy!! They are great fun to tinker with if you know what you’re doing

Hi mate its a 1972 which is a desirable year.

In MGB values the MK1 pull handle models are the most valued because they are the rarest of MGBs and have neat design pointers like the multi metal spoke steering wheels and all metal dash. Then its the early mark 2's and my car is an early mark 2, chiefly because they had crank engineering upgrades with five rather than three bearing engines making the B series engine more durable. Then the least valued model of roadster is the post 1974 rubber bumper MGB's.

I have never heard 1972 mentioned as a peculiarly or particularly desirable year in MGB terms. Most marque enthusiasts recon 1967 was the vintage year for MGB GTs and roadsters.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.