The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2008 E92 M3 - low miles great spec - Melbourne red

Bossco

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Advertised here at £23k and elsewhere at £22k? Sellers do often seem to go fishing higher here first for some reason.

I read that to be just a price reduction. Of which I am duly informed.

Unless you want to pay £23k which must be why you've commented, just on the technicality the first post hasn't been changed that would be an expensive technicality.

Cheers Dunk. Most of those issues were on the early S54 so my Z4M being late 2006 seems to be unaffected. Although you never know with BMW. Still, one of the best cars I have ever driven and it makes be giggle like a school girl when on full chat. I even prefer it to the Porsche if truth be known.

H.

Cheers Dunk. Most of those issues were on the early S54 so my Z4M being late 2006 seems to be unaffected. Although you never know with BMW. Still, one of the best cars I have ever driven and it makes be giggle like a school girl when on full chat. I even prefer it to the Porsche if truth be known.

H.

Cyamans are lovely things, but IMO while there are exceptions, a flat six can't match the sound and character of a straight six. (very little can) :cool: Especially when combined with a decent RWD platform.

Cyamans are lovely things, but IMO while there are exceptions, a flat six can't match the sound and character of a straight six. (very little can) :cool: Especially when combined with a decent RWD platform.

Don't get me wrong, they are both excellent cars but the S54 is a more natural sound, coming right through the bulkhead and leaves you in no doubt or the raw aggression under the bonnet. The Cayman is a great sound but you feel like it has been created to sound that way, rather than it being the natural sound of the engine.

Either way, I love being in the Zed and outside the Porsche.

Sorry for the thread hijack Bossco.

H.

No worries lads. It's all good info for my short list of next possible cars. I've been looking at the Caymen S. You can get well spec'd cars for decent money and there's a load of bits out there to mod them. But I've never driven one yet. It's the lack of power thats putting me off a bit. They can look killer though with the right parts bolted on.

No worries lads. It's all good info for my short list of next possible cars. I've been looking at the Caymen S. You can get well spec'd cars for decent money and there's a load of bits out there to mod them. But I've never driven one yet. It's the lack of power thats putting me off a bit. They can look killer though with the right parts bolted on.

I think you need to drive one to see if you like it. I haven't really given ours the beans yet but I love the way it drives, she also looks amazing and gets a lot of attention when out and about, probably similar to my old Supra. The lack of power doesn't bother me at all.

I like to get the most out of a car, no matter what the power output is. You will always want more, so maybe go a for a car that handles better than most and keep the power on. I have slowly gone backwards in recent years, 400Hp, 340, now 325.

I feel there is a sweet spot between 300 and 400Hp with RWD, manual cars that are just perfect in my opinion. There will always be quicker cars in a straight line but that isn't where the fun is for me.

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Ellis. Glad it's gone to a good home........ Unlike my old Supra.

It's a capable machine and will most definitely scare the shit out of you :) just wait til spring comes and you can start getting the most out of it. I still can't get used to seeing it on your insta haha.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.