The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cryto Currency

Jellybean

The 20 ripple is to open a wallet i believe it isnt for every deposit to that wallet be thay a nano or a wallet on your phone pc or other device. I believe it to try and combat network overload. Correct me if im wrong as im about to put mine into my nano to leave for a few months

Yeah its a one off to 'activate' it, but can't be transferred as far as I can tell :/

I have a strong feeling that Ethereum is going to break $1100 by the end of the day (Thursday).

Good man :thumbs:

I've re-shuffled some things around and bought a little more, hopefully see a nice gain. It's been a slow and steady earner for me so far

The money I moved out of REQ into CRED is now 53% more valuable than it was on Monday. I've made more money in the first week of January than I did the final two months of 2017 from work. This is getting ridiculous, the more money I gain, the more I'm able to make out of that money, it's compound gains.

Good man :thumbs:

I've re-shuffled some things around and bought a little more, hopefully see a nice gain. It's been a slow and steady earner for me so far

Me too. I've been buying Eth since it was £140 and most of my trading pairs are linked to it. I think REQ and Chainlink could see $5 by April, and the ETH stack will probably be around 2 grand a token by then. Trying to work out when to cash out is going to be the hard bit.

Me too. I've been buying Eth since it was £140 and most of my trading pairs are linked to it. I think REQ and Chainlink could see $5 by April, and the ETH stack will probably be around 2 grand a token by then. Trying to work out when to cash out is going to be the hard bit.

Wish I'd bought them at $140 :rlol:

I'm going to try and discipline myself and set targets. If I hit them, no matter how much things still seem to be climbing, I'll cash out and move on. Easier said than done though

Setting targets is a great way to avoid going broke. Most of my targets involve X times return leading to using Y funds to buy Z other tokens. Then it's essentially only ever using profit to re-invest. I've only taken a few grand out as cash so far and haven't set myself a target for getting out yet. I think once I hit 6 figures, I will take 80% of it out and use what's left to continue trading.

My only issue with XRP is that it goes against what crypto coins were originally about, ie its centrally managed (ie someone has control) and cannot be mined so the only way to get XRP is to buy it. Its basically like a traditional currency wrapped up like a crypto with none of the benefits, this I assume is why it has the backing that other cryptos does not.

XRP also has zero utility to the Ripple protocol. I do not understand why it's gone up to such a high market cap.

I read that it had some large backers from traditional finance sectors, if Wall Street likes it then people should be wary :D

It doesn't matter who backs it, they are only backing the protocol, not the XRP token. Ripple doesn't need the token to function at all, which is what baffles me about the value so much. I also can't find any verification whatsoever that any banks are going to be using ripple.

It doesn't matter who backs it, they are only backing the protocol, not the XRP token. Ripple doesn't need the token to function at all, which is what baffles me about the value so much. I also can't find any verification whatsoever that any banks are going to be using ripple.

This perhaps doesn't matter.

It's the same what was happening with BTC. Everybody knows bitcoin so they were flocking to it in droves even though the protocol itself is slow and rubbish.

Perhaps people have heard ripple is for banks thus buying XRP without any of the research

This perhaps doesn't matter.

The entire XRP value being built on no technical basis whatsoever doesn't matter? It's reached this price by misinformed speculation as far as I can tell. Ripple will burst at some point, I would be taking serious profit right now if I was an XRP holder.

The entire XRP value being built on no technical basis whatsoever doesn't matter? It's reached this price by misinformed speculation as far as I can tell. Ripple will burst at some point, I would be taking serious profit right now if I was an XRP holder.

I was meaning that to the general public (usually new to the area) that it doesn't matter that XRP doesn't link to the protocol at all. To them they just see $$$ rising like what happened with BTC. because it was a household name.

Of course it matters to everybody else.

I've sold 1500 Ripple for excellent gains. Only holding another 500 in case it goes to the moon.

Wez is right though ignore the tech and usage, think about access to the masses. Did you know HMQ posted up a tweet the other day saying that they, Ripple and I think it was VTC were going to be listed on Coinbase soon. It was quickly deleted but likely to happen. Then the price shall skyrocket.

I'm HODL for now a small part.

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Some back ground on Ripple from my research

Ripple are withholding a big volume of coins to minimise speculation ratio and thus to prevent it from sudden price change (Bitcoin surge it will not be), yes it is centralised; for Banks it has a governance framework

Banks need a way to process international transfers. Currently they use a system called SWIFT which is slow, expensive and requires trust arrangements. Ripple is scalable, faster, and cheaper alternative and allows the creation of indirect trust relationships and does it all in a way and format the banks can understand and are familiar with.

100+ banks including American Express use it, or are deep into deployment. This is a real-world product that can facilitate transferring currency across the planet in 3 seconds.

Ripple is providing innovative solutions to the outdated and highly inefficient banking systems of leading financial institutions and is operating like Swift 2.0. Ripple is also processing more transactions than most of the cryptocurrencies in the market.

Recent Price hike is due to TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington has put live the creation of a $100 million hedge fund denominated in XRP

An important aspect of the Ripple blockchain network to consider is that it is not processing sufficient volumes of transactions to justify its market valuation. The current market cap of RIpple is based on its potential and total addressable market (TAM).

Is XRP currently over priced, YES ; does it have real world application supported by top institutions : YES , in my opinion it is a good investment with value as real world payment system, its price maybe justified when financial institutions roll out their deployments; more than 90 banks in Japan and South Korea alone have partnered with Ripple alone

Amazon , Alibaba are rumored to be rolling out a ripple deployment soon ; Who knows if we have hit the ceiling or if more is to come but at 2-3 dollars it is worth a punt