The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV, Budget of 25K, Manual or Auto TT

Crossy

If your wanting a good Supra I wouldn’t let the air con put you off. A good Supra is getting harder to get. I spent a long time trying to find one. I didn’t even check if my air conditioning was working until the next day after buying it. Can’t use it here anyway. Cold all the time. Actually I can’t even remember when I ever last used the a/c in the car.

I think as long as body, paint, engine and gearbox is all great, go for it. I think it’s gonna be very hard to get a perfect one with no work needed and if you do find one, it will be a lot of money.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tend to run around with the a/c on permanently seeing its really useful for keeping all the glass clear of condensation in cold weather and of course the car cool on the occasional hot day.

If the a/c isn't working I'd at least want to know why it isn't working as components are not cheap and replacing the condenser or evaporator is not a small task. A holed condenser cost me nearly £1k (just over half was labour and regas, just under half was parts) to replace and that was over 10 years ago. If someone is asking top money then everything should be working, I think anyone who pitches top end and then lists a load of 'bad bits' is a dreamer. Every fault is worth a discount and then its up to you whether you live with it or fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

The local white TT6 Supra is back on the market but upped to £24k. It has a new front bumper replacing that ill fitting massive one it had before. Maybe it is a brand new bumper because the price has gone up by £2k from memory (new the bumpers are just shy of £2k list, anyway it'd be a prime part to check for fit and colour match and paint quality. The advert says its a fresh import, just in but its been around for a while now so take what they say with a pinch of salt and they may be open to offers seeing its been around a while now. Got to be worth a look anyway.

Its a poor ad with only one picture so not a lot of thought has gone into it which will likely limit the numbers rushing to go view.

I agree with ozy1986, I let my aircon go to sleep years back, it depends on how you use the car, if it is your transport then ok the aircon is usefull.

Back to the unprecedented realisation of how these cars where an icon and well designed before their time, and still in most casess look fantastic, even against current cars which are circa 100k, also the Supra needs to be driven, this kind of car is slowly becoming replaced by high tech almost "driverless" crap.

I have owned mine from new in 1996 and it still IMO outshines many of the high tech, lease hire robots etc, i have not to date been out performed by any cars, so it is not just the aesthetics we are looking at but the fact that i have 452 bhp at the back wheels, great arodynamics and great stability, even in bad weather, no wonder the well kept examples will grow deservably in value. Visit your local pub etc and look at the cars, most look the same, the Supra stands out, unfortunately, IMO, not the ones with big lumps of plastic front fenders and rear spoilers. What do you think? Herbie.

SUP.BEST.PIC.NAT..jpg (203.2 KB)

SUP.BEST.PIC.NAT..jpg

Little update,

I actually put a deposit down on a very well looked after auto example on the 24th December, I've just been waiting on Barclays to lift a rogue 1K max payment limit on my account that should have been removed when I was 18... I'm now 27, go figure that for customer service :rolleyes:

Also waiting for work to quiet down, we have had 2 people retire in our team between Christmas and New Year, and man have they left us in the s***, non completion of works left right and centre so I'm being dragged here there and everywhere on every given day to complete things asap as the company are seriously racking themselves up some late fines.

Lines my pocket though I guess even if they are driving me insane.

I just want 1 solid day off to pick up the Supra! The poor lad has been so patient with me organising a day. Going to have to buy him a few beers on top for sure, although he did state he was happy to have the Supra around for longer :D

Little update,

I actually put a deposit down on a very well looked after auto example on the 24th December, I've just been waiting on Barclays to lift a rogue 1K max payment limit on my account that should have been removed when I was 18... I'm now 27, go figure that for customer service :rolleyes:

Also waiting for work to quiet down, we have had 2 people retire in our team between Christmas and New Year, and man have they left us in the s***, non completion of works left right and centre so I'm being dragged here there and everywhere on every given day to complete things asap as the company are seriously racking themselves up some late fines.

Lines my pocket though I guess even if they are driving me insane.

I just want 1 solid day off to pick up the Supra! The poor lad has been so patient with me organising a day. Going to have to buy him a few beers on top for sure, although he did state he was happy to have the Supra around for longer :D

Congrats mate !

AHH man always the way having complications trying to get something your excited about

Got any pics of the car ?

I daren't put up any pictures of the car as I feel it would bring me more bad luck :rolleyes::D

It is forum owned however, and I'd say the lad is definitely an active member!

I know, I've never had good luck with these sort of things but I'll be able to collect next Tuesday (maybe even Saturday if work give me a break)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.