The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Aerotop – GT35R DBB Single Turbo Auto finished in Candy Orange

Matt H

CAR NOW SOLD.

Since purchasing a GT-R, I haven’t really been making use of my Supra. I’ve therefore decided to put it back up for sale. With that said, I’m in no particular rush and I’m happy to hold out for a reasonable price.

The photo below was taken a few weeks ago when we actually had a bit of sun. I still think the car is seriously good looking. It turns a lot of heads. The best acknowledgement I’ve had was a couple of months back from a chap driving a Lambo Aventador. Getting the thumbs up from a guy in a £250k motor is quite the endorsement.

The car is very, very quick. It gives my GT-R a run for its money on a roll. The sound is great too. It’s not too loud tottering about but on WOT it roars and the whistle/whoosh never gets tiring. The engine has been rebuilt with uprated components and mated to a GT35R DDB turbo. In my opinion it offers a good balance between power/turbo lag. The car is running around 500BHP at 1.2 bar. At this level you can launch the car on a dry day without skidding; although this is helped by the 12 inch wide rear tyres.

The sound system had been upgraded with Rainbow speakers all round (incl subwoofer). The speakers are controlled by two Kenwood Amps and a Kenwood Head-unit. The head-unit allows direct control over the subwoofer level, has USB connectivity with iPhone/iPod control (it works fine with all the iPhone models I’ve had including the iPhone 7) and Bluetooth hands free. The resulting sound quality is spot on and can be cranked to headache inducing levels without any distortion.

The car was built from the ground up in 2008, starting with a shell from a CAT C car (The car is therefore recorded as a CAT C on the log book). Ibrar Jabbar of speedwells (trader on this forum) had the repairs done prior to me buying it from him. The engine was built by Michel Lane/Ian Walley (Ian Walley Racing). The car has been running great over the past few years since the last of the gremlins were ironed out. The car has been maintained exclusively by Ian since the build was finished in ~2009.

Bad points:

The bodywork was completed 10 years ago and while the majority of is still pristine it does have chips/scuffs in the usual places. The lip of the front bumper is the worst area given how low the car is. Over time some of the areas where the rivets hold the overfenders in have raised slightly too.

I’ve replaced the stock aerial with a stubby one from a group buy on this forum. It’s much sleeker but it’s nowhere near as good as the stock aerial. I don’t listen to the radio in my supra so form over function prevails in this situation but if you want a good quality radio signal then it will need replacing.

Apart from the above, everything else is as to be expected. The wheels are much wider than standard so there is more feedback in the steering wheel than a stock car and with the car being low you won’t get it into a multi-storey car park (for example); but that’s the nature of the beast.

It’s worth noting that I opted not to have the AC included in the build given the roof comes off. Traction control was also omitted given how pants the stock system is.

Mileage is ~87k

MOT/Service due in Dec.

Car is based in Warrington/Wigan area

I’m looking for about £17, but I’m willing to hold out for the right price. The private plate (R9 SUP) does not come included, but happy to negotiate on this.

PM me if interested.

Spec

Engine/Transmission

Built engine incl:

- GT35R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

- Eagle Rod

- Wisco Pistons

- Greddy 3 Row front mounted Intercooler

- AEM Fuel Rail

- 650'cc injectors

- Tial 44mm Wastegate

- Blitz BOV

- Walbro Fuel Pumps ML Built Box

ML Built Autobox with additional oil coolers

Greddy Emanage Blue Gold

HKS Nur Spec R Exhaust

AEM Wideband

AEM Tru Boost controller

Defi BF EGT, Fuel and Oil Pressure Gauges

Toyota Premium Horn Kit

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

AP Racing front discs and 6 piston calipers

Uk rear discs and calipers

Tein Mono Flex Suspension

Weds Kranze Borphes 19" wheels. 12" wide rears, 9.5" wide fronts

Continental Sport Impact Tyres all round

Do-luck Aerotop floor pan brace

Interior & ICE:

Recaro seats

Issota Zulag steering wheel

Carbon black dash

White dials with blue lighting

Chrome dial rings

Original black carpet

Aluminium pedals

Kenwood KDC-BT51U Headunit

Kenwood XXV-03A Limited edition 25th Anniversary Amp

Kenwood KAC-7204 Amp

Rainbow SLX265-Deluxe Components up front

Rainbow Co-axial in the rear

Rainbow 12" Hammer Subwoofer (in custom Boot install)

Exterior:

H.I.Ds

Do-Luck Front bumper

Blitz Side Skirts

VS overfenders

Trial Rear

Varis spoiler

Custom Bonnet

OEM Facelift front and rear lights

OEM Facelift Indicators

OEM Crystal Clear side repeatersFully blended and sprayed in House of Kolor Kandy (Tangerine over Zenith)

Stubby Ariel

If I had the money I'd be snapping this one up right now, gorgeous car. GLWS :)

Cheers, Pabs.

I did wonder what had happened to this car as it was up for sale and then seemed to disappear, so assumed it had moved on. It's a stunning car and I honestly can't see it hanging around for that price! Imho it's priced to cheap even if it is a cat c

No one offered me quite what I wanted at the time and then a property opportunity came up. Pursuing that meant I wouldn't have been able buy a GT-R if I managed to sell the Supra so I decided to keep it.

Price wise I'm a bit out of touch with Supra values, but that sort of price region seemed to sit ok with me when I was mulling it over :)

Cheers

Cheers for the kind words, pal. Statements like this will make me question selling it! Lol

You're welcome :)

It's a great looking Supra, the exterior is nicely and highly modified, it's a gorgeous colour and it has the power to match :cool:

I'd keep it regardless of not driving it much, I'd only sell if I had to.

I wondered what happened to you Matt. You were a cool dude in the day. Not like that Michael guy. Glad to see you still have the car and assume you are good. Was a good looking car back in the day and still looks as good as I remembered it

haha. Cheers, Pal. I just got old, married and started to think that children might not actually be the worst decision ever. I'm sure it happens to the best of us!

Greddy emange by the looks of the spec list, took me a while to notice as well as I was curious to see what ecu it had

You know, i looked over the list perhaps 5 times to avoid asking a silly question and i still didnt see it! cheers.

haha. Cheers, Pal. I just got old, married and started to think that children might not actually be the worst decision ever. I'm sure it happens to the best of us!

Matt. I can confirm that kids are the worst decision ever. Just think what cars you could have with £150k per child over 18 years. I have three and I only like one of them...!!

H.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.