The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress the re up.

The Raven

• 5 months later...

Been a while since i updated this with my to do list so.

Currently @Noz is refurbishing my headlights as they had green slime in them. Im not to convinced they wouldn't have started the next pandemic. 

1. I got my hands on a pair of these, so i will be cutting the boot build to fit them, should tidy it all up. I also have some new targa mount covers i will change. 

Toyota-Supra-MKIV-OEM-PLASTIC-BOOT-PLASTICS-COVERS (2).jpg

2. Next is to test the system for boost leaks i feel i have to really hit it hard in 2 to get the boost to kick in. Maybe just me being paranoid but a smoke test will solve it, also i will change the BOV.

3. Change my front mount, its looking a bit crusty.

4. While front mount is out i will attach the AUX fan i brought to the rad cover and wire it in,

5 Stone chips need to go away. While not causing issues they spoil the overall look a bit.

6. Dump the oil and maybe do a belt change.

7. refurb the ball joint on the arm it failed its MOT on last year and put it back on as it has my nice poly bush on it. 

8. Repaint the calipers.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So had an interesting one. My second turbo stopped working unless under heavy acceleration, when it did come in it would almost clunk and make back pressure exhaust pops.

needless to say two loads of this and it was off road until I found the issue as I didn’t want to stress tubby 1.

my first thoughts where vsv or hose but nothing was off. 

I searched here and found the following 

“Just to add to this incase it helps anybody else. When I bought my supra a couple of years ago off an old boy who didn’t really push it the second turbo wasn’t coming online. I replace as many vacuum pipes as I could at the time and still had the same issue and I think as mentioned above I gave the EBCV valve some lube and manual movement and it boosted perfectly from then on” 

so i attempted to find and move the offending part. Needless to say it didn’t want to move. 

Consulted @Mike2JZand @mwilkinson got the small flat pry bar and spayed it down. It was very crusty but soon was moving free to the point I could move it by hand. 

Took her out and it was working perfectly. 

will leave this here incase anyone else has the same issue. 

2B1A3FAC-405B-4986-8B70-7E896940C9B3.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

@Nozhas been chasing my leaky headlights for a while. 

They have been a pita to the point I was about to give up and get new ones. Noz offered to seal them again for postage costs.

I brought all new bulbs in case it was a failed seal.

After the floods down here I’m happy to report zero water and or mist in the lights 

287C60E7-4AD7-4B60-8F0B-27393FAD7D25.jpeg

CF5DC79A-6451-4BEF-A754-CF81166A925C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Spring is coming so reattached the battery and had a guy come over to take care of some stone stone chips. 

Have a few summer jobs to do including swapping the centre aero lock as it’s rounded out. I have a stubby aerial coming and need to fit the levoc gearstick.

Might fit a new intercooler to as mine has started to look a bit crusty 

0ACA13A0-51D4-42CA-8F5B-3B5F7B97F32F.jpeg

8AF9DB2B-31DC-488B-BB00-6D33D46DE70D.jpeg

963244AB-8B84-4853-9772-3C0BB54344B2.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've repaired Russ' original ignition barrel - it jammed up a few years back on him and he got a replacement, but he then had to use two keys for the car.  On inspection the springs on a few of the pins had lost their mojo and a couple of the pins were worn or slightly bent. 

Russ can now revert back to using the original key for all the locks and ignition 😎

He just needs to fit it!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, mwilkinson said:

I've repaired Russ' original ignition barrel - it jammed up a few years back on him and he got a replacement, but he then had to use two keys for the car.  On inspection the springs on a few of the pins had lost their mojo and a couple of the pins were worn or slightly bent. 

Russ can now revert back to using the original key for all the locks and ignition 😎

He just needs to fit it!

Awesome job thanks for that.

I am waiting till summer summer and booking a day with my bro in law to do all the jobs planned. Lucky the barrel is fairly simple to change back. 

I lack the skills and patience to do fiddly stuff he has a much more chill approach to things than me. 

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally got round to the summer jobs swap both window regulators as the wire had began go to fray,

Next fit the refurb ignition barrel Matt rebuilt so I now have one key again.

Change the plugs

Replace aero rear plastics as mine had lost both rubber stoppers

Finally  replace both rear aero fixings. 

the roof is now totally swapped front rear and parking locks. 

699B918C-2781-4807-8A47-4E462D841A84.jpeg

98142E2B-F35B-44C7-B42D-D513317F2FDA.jpeg

66E1255F-F49F-4C00-97C3-B248CCFA5DB3.jpeg

D2D4BE2F-DA75-46A8-9DF4-C0BD84EC1432.jpeg

F852ED54-0406-4840-B245-14682841CCAC.jpeg

4D2EE99B-499A-458E-B00A-A82F575E456C.jpeg

F6317920-E210-4838-B88A-7C38C86634CA.jpeg

• Like 1