The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress the re up.

The Raven

So I am amused today... having had no power mirrors for two years I had accepted that my dash loom swap was the issue and that I had probably missed a connection.

I had thought of leaving it but my ocd got the better of me and having found the wiring diagram I set out to solve it...

Only to find.......   no fuse......lord knows where it went or why I certainly wouldn’t have taken it out and not replaced it.... but what ever the reason was I now have power mirrors back... 

Here’s a nice picture of the car to celebrate my dumbness 

7A6D6F08-6FFB-44B1-ACC8-06C2EFF3C893.jpeg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just read this full thread again, never noticed the original pics from years ago when it was Castrol Liveried though. Did you get it from just outside of Hull? I used to regularly pass one very much like it parked in someones front garden, whilst on my way to work (good few years ago now), then one day was gone. I always wondered what happened to it.

12 minutes ago, jim_supra said:

Just read this full thread again, never noticed the original pics from years ago when it was Castrol Liveried though. Did you get it from just outside of Hull? I used to regularly pass one very much like it parked in someones front garden, whilst on my way to work (good few years ago now), then one day was gone. I always wondered what happened to it.

It came from a place in sheerness Kent. It was dumped on eBay I offered him stupid money that he accepted. 

Day I’m supposed to pick it up my wife goes into labour. I phone him and he refuses to to hold it. A rushed frantic call to @gaz1 and off to hospital. I come out with a new son and a stupid cheap supra. Best day ever 

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

It came from a place in sheerness Kent. It was dumped on eBay I offered him stupid money that he accepted. 

Day I’m supposed to pick it up my wife goes into labour. I phone him and he refuses to to hold it. A rushed frantic call to @gaz1 and off to hospital. I come out with a new son and a stupid cheap supra. Best day ever 

Oh right, so the one near me may still be doing the rounds somewhere

Great story on how you came to own it!

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

Looking good Russ.

I'm really tempted to get my car resprayed in Lambo Grigio Avlon as it's a tough grey to beat.

Your far enough away to allow another Grigio supra. 

If i ever got another project car that required a re spray i would use it again.

• 3 months later...

Busy day today @mwilkinson kindly offered to come over (2 hour drive) to help with aero seals and seat swap and to remove and replace the front aero bolts along with fitting a new armrest glove box All went to plan and everything is installed. 

Would have taken me an age without matts help 

I now have a working seat and hopefully non drip aero. 

CAB4412B-112D-4C44-A235-65EF16091B4A.jpeg

DE14A77D-D1EF-4DC6-9B2A-E8A69E25DF22.jpeg

67A14B19-8E7B-4A34-BF28-A42994536CF5.jpeg

C02F6388-9D34-4A49-A167-7B6F55E1104C.jpeg

3CAD478C-51E5-40E5-850D-C21C220C5B82.jpeg

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bugger failed it’s mot on upper front ball joint. 

picked up on 

Bulb out on number plate, no biggy swapped them to led. Did take me way to long to do mind.

tyre. Meh 

And the handbrake slightly binding… no shock as it’s sat for a month so I’m sure it will sort itself 

Keron has part on its way. I will probably swap my polybushes to the part before fitting it. 

If all else fails it can be sent away to have the ball joint replaced. 

It’s super annoying to have one of the only parts you never replaced fail on you. 

At least we have someone that can refurb them I guess