The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seriously Sky Insurance?

a98pmalcolm

So I have my renewal though today and its more expensive than last year with another years no claims, no points or accidents.

I like how they said we would have charged you "£xxx" last year we have to charge you more, even though the fictional amount they would have charged was more than my last policy price.

I said to the guy, ah you having a laugh? I'm 32, I have been with sky for years, I have 14 years no claims (sky only recognize a max of 9) and I am a club member.

So I will have to waste a few hours of my day off before the ace cafe meet calling back and forth Sky and HIC until one says they cant do it cheaper. And I am willing to pay in full this year.

TBH I think I will end up with HIC.

Thanks Sky for treating your ongoing customers with loyalty..

Blame the joyriders in Luton. A work colleague recently showed me a photo on his phone of another car that bounced off a house right in front of him. He says it happens all the time where he lives. Ever since corporal punishment was abolished the country has gone to hell in a hand basket with all these Caesarean Section, never had to fight for their lives during birth so they don't appreciate anything, don't even know they're born because technically they weren't, crisp eating, namby pamby, oyty toyty, don't touch my angry pussy wussy, single parented Millennials terrorizing the police and there's not a damned thing they can do about it. That's why we voted to leave the Liberal Leftist, Marxist Communist E.U. Nanny Superstate.

Blame the joyriders in Luton. A work colleague recently showed me a photo on his phone of another car that bounced off a house right in front of him. He says it happens all the time where he lives. Ever since corporal punishment was abolished the country has gone to hell in a hand basket with all these Caesarean Section, never had to fight for their lives during birth so they don't appreciate anything, don't even know they're born because technically they weren't, crisp eating, namby pamby, oyty toyty, don't touch my angry pussy wussy, single parented Millennials terrorizing the police and there's not a damned thing they can do about it. That's why we voted to leave the Liberal Leftist, Marxist Communist E.U. Nanny Superstate.

Welcome back :)

tbh its the same with all insurance now in same boat well similar have 8 years no claims my renewal this year was exactly same price as last year and even with another 1 year no claim.

they have added something else on to the insurance making it more expensive which come in on april or some rubbish another tax.

had to stick with my renewal because could not get any cheaper and that is with green light

Last year the government changed the way insurance co.s have to calc personal injury claims (search web for Ogden rate). It screwed over pretty much all insurers big style. So bottom line is the insurers pass down the extra costs to customers and pretty much every ones premium will go up this year....

Last year the government changed the way insurance co.s have to calc personal injury claims (search web for Ogden rate). It screwed over pretty much all insurers big style. So bottom line is the insurers pass down the extra costs to customers and pretty much every ones premium will go up this year....

Thats what it said in my e-maul but £100 extra is a stinger.

Sorry to rant fellas, its just annoyed me is all

I best not start on this topic other than, they all take the piss

Esure on my BMW last year was £247, my renewal comes in and its £271 on moneysupermarket Esure for the same cover £207 i called and after

i threaten to leave they match their own online quote lol

I left sky 2 years ago. Cheapskates. My current insurer raised this year due to my area. Next renewal if they raisie again ill ring them and not renew. And will pay less or the same amount to another company just out of spite.

Renewals are ALWAYS more expensive. im amazed this is surprising people

Mine has never been for expensive, its always been cheaper even if its £20.

Yes I'm happy for it to be moved, I didn't realize there was a sky section, never would have thought I have been on this forum for 8 years lol

Personally im interested to see what happens with my policy. Paid £755 at 24. Come renewal i will be 25 so out of the young driver bracket which is what everyone told me was increasing my premium. Yet on the other hand the gov tax on insurance increasing. Will be interesting.

Get on the phone to them, never accept the first quote.

I have recently renewed with them and after a phone call my rate was reduced as expected, I know its a pain as surely as club insurers they should be offering us the best deal possible in the first place.

I had the same rubbish from sky at the weekend. Policy increased by £200. They rang today to ask if I wanted to renew and offered me £30 off for doing so. Wouldn't budge on price until I had a quote elsewhere. No chance, going to have to waste a few hours ringing round Adrian flux and green light.

I'm more than happy to leave sky as last year I had a terrible service, documents with misspelled names, replacement documents sent with different names spelt wrong.

I was with Sky for years, this year they tried to increase my premium by over 25%, I have full NCB and I am 45 years old, 10 mins on go compare and I saved myself a considerable amount, gave Sky the opportunity to match it but they were not interested, I have disliked their service over the last couple of years and I was genuinely worried about the service I would receive if I had a claim to make so happy to switch

Not really sure what the club gains from them as insurers anymore, apart from the advert fee